Fast Eddie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Eddie

Talked to Fast Eddie last night, What can you say about a guy who's car run 9.20s, gets 16mpg and runs 2.50 gear, Amazing. Eddie has one cool ride.

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
    Talked to Fast Eddie last night, What can you say about a guy who's car run 9.20s, gets 16mpg and runs 2.50 gear, Amazing. Eddie has one cool ride.
    he ran 8's I thought

Comment

He's had it turned down all year.
      I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

He was having reliability issues with it turned up. It can drive across the country and back on the 9.20 tune.

Comment

Heard there was a thread about me, Thanks for the nice comments Mr HP.
          My year has been going fairly good, drove over 1200 miles on the power tour, 900 miles in 27 hours. I put a 2.50 gear in for the cruise and it works so nice I left it in. I think if I turn the power up high enough the 2.50 will work but it does hurt performance at the power level I am running this year. Plan to keep the power turned down some until I fuel inject the car, melting pistons sucks.
          My car has run a best of 8.74 and a best MPH of 155 maybe next year I can turn it back up and run quicker.

Comment

That's pretty cool, Fast Eddy. That car has been one of the most feared cars in town over the last 8 years or so. 2.50 gears lol.

Comment

I built the car with a 3.00 gear and its been in there till I put the 2.50 in.

Comment

That sounds like one hell of a fast ride.

Comment

Don't know the car. Can I get details? Sounds interesting.
                  Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

Here's the fastest pass from the Midway Shootout, I lifted hear the end because it felt like it was nosing over.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTkfS...eature=related
                    Its a 400 Pontiac with a 4.5 stroker crank, T400, 9", 88mm turbo and a blowthru carb.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                      Here's the fastest pass from the Midway Shootout, I lifted hear the end because it felt like it was nosing over.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTkfS...eature=related
                      Its a 400 Pontiac with a 4.5 stroker crank, T400, 9", 88mm turbo and a blowthru carb.
                      That's friggin WILD! Very cool. I just recently bought a 66 Lemans, numbers match car with a 326 and super turbine 300 trans (2speed). I've been wondering if I should mess with it and try to get some better performance from it or just leave it alone and keep it for what it is. I've had Pontiacs in the past, but not for about 30 years.
                      Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                        Heard there was a thread about me, Thanks for the nice comments Mr HP.
                        My year has been going fairly good, drove over 1200 miles on the power tour, 900 miles in 27 hours. I put a 2.50 gear in for the cruise and it works so nice I left it in. I think if I turn the power up high enough the 2.50 will work but it does hurt performance at the power level I am running this year. Plan to keep the power turned down some until I fuel inject the car, melting pistons sucks.
                        My car has run a best of 8.74 and a best MPH of 155 maybe next year I can turn it back up and run quicker.
                        I like to give credit where credit is due and you car is one nice piece. Everything is done nice and the car is very unique, Also the fact that there is a Pontiac engine lends to the fact that the car is a true hot rod. Great car and great owner and good guy to BS with too.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                          I like to give credit where credit is due and you car is one nice piece. Everything is done nice and the car is very unique, Also the fact that there is a Pontiac engine lends to the fact that the car is a true hot rod. Great car and great owner and good guy to BS with too.
                          You should also give credit to those light weight Ross racing pistons as well.

Comment

Tradbuilt, its hard to give advice but a numbers matching car is getting harder to find. A 326 two speed Lemans should be a very nice cursier.
                            Mr. HP I sure am glad people like the car, its been a lot of work. A big science project that helps to keep me feeling young.
                            56Holiday88, yes Ross racing pistons:rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                            X