Rock Falls report 9.26.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls report 9.26.10

Went to give Mr.Hp support yesterday and to check out the local racers.

Mr.Hp just couldn't get his Camaro to perform like he wanted. Still, 12.0s N/A is respectful considering he couldn't get his engine into the rpm range he wanted. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I went back through my notes and found that a new 5.0 Mustang ran a best et of 12.32 @ 116. Most of his other runs were 12.4s. I took a look at the car while in staging and noticed he had the new Nitto DRs and a different air intake system. It had a conical K&N type filter attached to a highly polished air intake. I overheard him say the "tune" he received made a big difference and it pulled all the way through the rpm range. He said it had 3.55 gears but he used a shorter tire to get the ratio in the area of 3.89.

A Challenger SRT8 with a Kenne-Bell S/C was running 11.70s @ 122. Other Challengers were around 13.90s

I saw one new yellow Camaro run a 12.90 and another 13.50s.

A Gold 2nd gen Trans Am that I believe I've seen @ Porky's was running 11.70s @ I think 116?

A Yellow fox body Mustang with black stripes was running 12.50s

A Metropolitan did an "on the bumper" wheelstand and may have damaged his oil pan after having to lift off the throttle.

A couple Chevelles (of course my favorite cars) were running low 10's high 9's. The black one ('70) with silver stripes was 10.0's @ 132. Has a powerglide with real quiet mufflers and DR's. Local street cruiser. The other black '71 with white stripes and a non-functional cowl induction flapper ran 9.90s at over 130. As far as I was concerned, he could run solo over and over and I could sit and watch him race all day.

A '65 big block Biscayne 4-speed was running 12.0's and was also a joy to watch.

A white 4th gen SS Camaro was in the real low 12's. Looked kinda like one that I may have seen pull through Porky's.

A beautiful '66 421 Catalina 2+2 with factory a/c was in the pits but I don't recall what he ran.

All in all a good day...

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    Went to give Mr.Hp support yesterday and to check out the local racers.

Mr.Hp just couldn't get his Camaro to perform like he wanted. Still, 12.0s N/A is respectful considering he couldn't get his engine into the rpm range he wanted. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I went back through my notes and found that a new 5.0 Mustang ran a best et of 12.32 @ 116. Most of his other runs were 12.4s. I took a look at the car while in staging and noticed he had the new Nitto DRs and a different air intake system. It had a conical K&N type filter attached to a highly polished air intake. I overheard him say the "tune" he received made a big difference and it pulled all the way through the rpm range. He said it had 3.55 gears but he used a shorter tire to get the ratio in the area of 3.89.

A Challenger SRT8 with a Kenne-Bell S/C was running 11.70s @ 122. Other Challengers were around 13.90s

I saw one new yellow Camaro run a 12.90 and another 13.50s.

A Gold 2nd gen Trans Am that I believe I've seen @ Porky's was running 11.70s @ I think 116?

A Yellow fox body Mustang with black stripes was running 12.50s

A Metropolitan did an "on the bumper" wheelstand and may have damaged his oil pan after having to lift off the throttle.

A couple Chevelles (of course my favorite cars) were running low 10's high 9's. The black one ('70) with silver stripes was 10.0's @ 132. Has a powerglide with real quiet mufflers and DR's. Local street cruiser. The other black '71 with white stripes and a non-functional cowl induction flapper ran 9.90s at over 130. As far as I was concerned, he could run solo over and over and I could sit and watch him race all day.

A '65 big block Biscayne 4-speed was running 12.0's and was also a joy to watch.

A white 4th gen SS Camaro was in the real low 12's. Looked kinda like one that I may have seen pull through Porky's.

A beautiful '66 421 Catalina 2+2 with factory a/c was in the pits but I don't recall what he ran.

All in all a good day...

Ya, It was kind of a bad day but at least the car is coming around so we will see what happens next year. The 358 won't be in the car so I will put the 406 back in with the new heads and my 8" verter.

Glad we did not go to CFR I hear it was kind of poor for the fast guys. So much for the great track prep everyone braggs about, The rock was hooking good on sunday. Thanks for coming out Glenn.

Comment

well I had no issues once I got tire pressure dialed in. Tell that to these guys:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTMwyJIIpho
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWIDxK5v57I
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trA5XloxXMA
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzlBBbXth58

Comment

Glad you had a better day than I did Dan, But the rock was hooking good.

Comment

I was nervous having 100% hook w stock drivetrain so I was trying to find the balance for blacktracking and not blowing the tires off but still spinning. My final tire pressure was 21.5 hot on et streets lol

Comment

Originally posted by old vette dog View Post
            I was nervous having 100% hook w stock drivetrain so I was trying to find the balance for blacktracking and not blowing the tires off but still spinning. My final tire pressure was 21.5 hot on et streets lol
            Good job on the 11 flat dan. That is one fast vette.

Comment

Yeah Dan, Nice job finding the right balance.

Comment

very nice guys...... I have now forgotten totally what racin' is.

Comment

as far as that new mustang goes--i knew it was bull they ran 12.8s stock. 12.4 with short drag radials and air intake and tune and on a sticky track and good air doesnt add up to 12.8s stock. just goes to show ford gave the magazine a ringer so they could help them sell there overated cars. suprise suprise! ford overrating there perf cars! lol
                  the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

Working...
                  X