bbc guys step in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbc guys step in

Just a stupid question but what kinda timing you setting your bbc on at wot?

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
    Just a stupid question but what kinda timing you setting your bbc on at wot?
    Total timing, street or racing, N/A or boosted Dan.

I run up to 42° total with closed chambered heads and 38° with open chambers.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
      Total timing, street or racing, N/A or boosted Dan.

I run up to 42° total with closed chambered heads and 38° with open chambers.
      bbc, efi, alum heads, pump gas 92 oct and now since the blower decided to blow up last night I am back to na

Comment

bbc, efi, alum heads, pump gas 92 oct and now since the blower decided to blow up last night I am back to na

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Toys View Post
          Ouch
          yup insult to injury lol car runs great now with out the blower just a 550 hp terd.

Comment

yup insult to injury lol car runs great now with out the blower just a 550 hp terd.
            Take that suka pull the FI put one of my big carbs on and spray that camaro into the 9's

Comment

Take that suka pull the FI put one of my big carbs on and spray that camaro into the 9's
              car ran 10.20's consistent w just a shot of the spray and w converter efficiency at 81% so I was pushing through the stall. I have a tighter stall for it that I bought from a guy w a 1050 hp 598 bbc that stalled at 4200, just haven't had time to deal w that yet. THe efi is figured out and every thing is working great. Motor even sounds better and runs cooler wo the blower.

Comment

Go for it Dan, Get that camaro in the 9's

Comment

My chevelle runs best @ 36 total. I was @ RF and a couple guys told me BBC's run best @ 42. I tried it and the car ran slower. My package is real conservative though. Closed chamber oval port small valve small hyd cam. Too bad about the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                    My chevelle runs best @ 36 total. I was @ RF and a couple guys told me BBC's run best @ 42. I tried it and the car ran slower. My package is real conservative though. Closed chamber oval port small valve small hyd cam. Too bad about the damage.

Pump or race gas? I have alum rect port head so I should be able to get away w more timing.

Comment

Go for it Dan, Get that camaro in the 9's
                      just a verter change way.....and some luck

Comment

110 race

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                          110 race
                          I was told I could go 36 on pump but dont think I wanna chance it. IF your only 10 to 1 why even run race? you prob be quicker on pump dont you think?

Comment

Not 10 to 1. LS6 pistons were 11 to 1 and the heads are real small cc closed chamber. Things are real tight. I've seen areas on the pistons where the edge of the dome has made friends with the head.

Comment

So... Where did the rest of the compressor wheel go?

What compression and cubes? What head?

Comment

Working...
                              X