Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
    Here is one for you Joel
    64 Buick Skylark like chevy chevelle - $6500 (mankato)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

340 2 speed recent paint and interior runs drives and looks good 6500.00 OBO call todd 507 340 5849

Bob,

I love that body style; however I can't afford another car after just buying a house two weeks ago.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by blown 87gt View Post
      Ah i'm here trying to give your site some entertainment, and we were ribbing each other back and forth and it's just in fun, not my fault you guys get butthurt and can't take a joke. Do you see me crying when you make fun of me and the car I don't even have anymore? No, because I actually have a sense of humor and can take some ribbing.

I'll give you that one

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
        I'll give you that one
        Thank you, and it's not like I actually think you have anal sex with men, it was a joke as in haha funny.

Comment

Ah i'm here trying to give your site some entertainment, and we were ribbing each other back and forth and it's just in fun, not my fault you guys get butthurt and can't take a joke. Do you see me crying when you make fun of me and the car I don't even have anymore? No, because I actually have a sense of humor and can take some ribbing.
          Grow the fuck up or get the fuck out. You aren't the least bit "entertaining".
          Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradbuilt View Post
            Grow the fuck up or get the fuck out. You aren't the least bit "entertaining".
            Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:
              I was think the same about you Now let's see if you can be the least bit funny.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTCSter View Post
                I was think the same about you Now let's see if you can be the least bit funny.
                Ok how bout this, I'll try to be funny if you try not being such a pussy that has to hide behind a screen name? Lol OMG who are you I have to know now!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Ok how bout this, I'll try to be funny if you try not being such a pussy that has to hide behind a screen name? Lol OMG who are you I have to know now!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha
                  Your so funny, I will let you lick out my used condomdance:lol smash:

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTCSter View Post
                    Your so funny, I will let you lick out my used condomdance:lol smash:
                    Your shows ownership you horses ass, I believe you meant YOU'RE (thats a conjunction to combine you and are ) you truly have the intelligence of a 1st grader don't you :rotfl:. Now will you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me who you are i must know NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl::rlol::rotfl::rlol::rotfl::rlol:

Comment

• Originally posted by blown 87gt View Post
                      Your shows ownership you horses ass, I believe you meant YOU'RE (thats a conjunction to combine you and are ) you truly have the intelligence of a 1st grader don't you :rotfl:. Now will you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me who you are i must know NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl::rlol::rotfl::rlol::rotfl::rlol:
                      But that is one grade higher than your intellegence level of kindergarten:rlol:
                      I love how you even pick on "tcs'ers":lol2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                        Ah...the Jetfire. Yes, the basic engine was Buick's; however Olds used their own heads - with an extra head bolt per cylinder. It's easier to raise the compression on Buicks' version (piston swap), but requires head-work on the Olds. In contrast, the extra head bolt gives the Olds an advantage in head sealing.

Regarding the Olds & Pontiac 455s - I've never owned a Pontiac 455; however I used to own an Olds 455. It was in a Delta 98 coupe, and it hauled that huge car around with authority. It was a strong puller - and as you mentioned - also has a lot of area under the curve. It was also one tough engine! I thoroughly abused that poor car; yet the big Olds never missed beat. My best friend Al (RIP) used to have a '66 Chevelle with a 425 Olds Super Rocket + TH400 switch-pitch in it. We had a lot of fun in that car. It launched so hard, it lifted the rf wheel. The 425 was stock! With road gears, that car was so damn fast, it nearly went airborne on a high-speed run.

My preference for Buick's 455 lies primarily in its light weight and compact dimensions.

Regarding the high-nickel-content blocks - it's not a myth. It is noted in the history of Buick engine design. Many machinists who are familiar with Buick engines comment on how hard the blocks are on their cutting tools. I can't speak for the Olds or Pontiac engines, as I have never built one up.

The Buick small-block & big-block are completely different castings,a nd are not the same size externally. They do share a common architecture that dates back to the 215 aluminum V8 engine that Buick designed back in the late 40s (the one that was in the supercharged, dual-fuel '51 Le Sabre concept car).

The 350 Buick only weighs 450 pounds, while the 455 weighs 600 pounds. The 350 looks large due to the taller deck and resulting wide intake manifold, due to its slightly over-square design. The 455 Buick has the shortest-stroke of all the big-blocks. Pontiac never made a small-block. Their V8s were all big-blocks. The 330 used the same basic block dimensions as the 455. Olds, however made a 'mid-block'. Their 350 is larger than a typical small-block; yet it is smaller than their 'big-block'.

Ah...the Jetfire. Yes, the basic engine was Buick's; however Olds used their own heads - with an extra head bolt per cylinder. It's easier to raise the compression on Buicks' version (piston swap), but requires head-wrok on the Olds. In contrast, the extra head bolt gives the Olds an advantage in head sealing.

Regarding the Olds & Pontiac 455s - I've never owned a Pontiac 455; however I used to own an Olds 455. It was in a Delta 98 coupe, and it hauled that huge car around with authority. It was a strong puller - and as you mentioned - also has a lot of area under the curve. It was also one tough engine! I thoroughly abused that poor car; yet the big Olds never missed beat. My best friend Al (RIP) used to have a '66 Chevelle with a 425 Olds Super Rocket + TH400 switch-pitch in it. We had a lot of fun in that car. It launched so hard, it lifted the rf wheel. The 425 was stock! With road gears, that car was so damn fast, it nearly went airborne on a high-speed run.

My preference for Buick's 455 lies primarily in its light weight and compact dimensions.

Regarding the high-nickel-content blocks - it's not a myth. It is noted in the history of Buick engine design. Many machinists who are familiar with Buick engines comment on how hard the blocks are on their cutting tools. I can't speak for the Olds or Pontiac engines, as I have never built one up.

The Buick small-block & big-block are completely different castings, although they're built on a common architecture that dates back to the 215 aluminum engine they designed back in '51.

The 350 Buick only weighs 450 pounds, while the 455 weighs 600 pounds. The 350 looks large due to the taller deck and resulting wide intake manifold, due to its slightly over-square design. The 455 Buick has the shortest-stroke of all the big-blocks. Pontiac never made a small-block. Their V8s were all big-blocks. The 330 used the same basic block dimensions as the 455. Olds, however made a 'mid-block'. Their 350 is larger than a typical small-block; yet it is smaller than their 'big-block'.

ah, I got confused for a second. meaning the poncho motors were pretty much the same block with different rotating assembly and heads.

the 330 was on the smaller side, more along the lines of a 350, however the 400, 425 and 455 were all relatively the same. aside from the early bank angles on the 400 and 425 whether it be 39 or 45. I believe olds came second in line in the bore/stroke ratio and being more to the oversquare than other motors.. and comparing a chev 350 to an olds 350. the olds is lighter by quite a bit as well, albeit not as much as the buicks.

the olds documentation doesn't seem to be as prominent in regards to the nickel content, as a bunch of the old documents burned up in a plant fire.. alot of the pre late 70's information is still being pieced together, and is hit or miss.. just like how 442.com has been proven to have false information, yet it never gets changed.

I know the olds engines are tough, I have abused my own.. as well as a friend of mine that races his olds 350 powered cutlass enduro car at shakopee.. it still surprises people when he does well. I remember when we were there and he took third.. people in the tech area all came over and looked at his car in disbelief that it was an olds that did that well with all the chev guys there. That motor was 3 years old taking 6k rpms every straight and still doing well. All stock internals with a little head work. I have revved that thing up to 7200 when we were making a video to prove a point that you don't need a 10k motor to make power and rpm. Idk, I like bringing this up to get some more info, as learning is a key to doing anything with cars now days. plus I like oddball motors that surprise people.

-Aaron
                        87 cutlass
                        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
                        87 olds 442 - old mans ride
                        355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Working...
                        X