Hardland Sharp GM Rocker Bearing Upgrade "BEWARE!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardland Sharp GM Rocker Bearing Upgrade "BEWARE!"

Well i read this post on the Vette Forum and it got me very nervous since i had this upgrade done back in 2006 with the 427 build. I guess i shouldn't have been surprised at what i found, the exact same thing this guy did!! http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...mage-pics.html
    2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Ouch! That sucks. You figure you have maybe the best and it ends up giving you a false sense of security.

Comment

umyah thats sucks, I was told by more than a few shops in the area to not change my rockers from OEM and have had good luck so far w 107k on the current set

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
        umyah thats sucks, I was told by more than a few shops in the area to not change my rockers from OEM and have had good luck so far w 107k on the current set
        Yeah I would plus there like 12 years old too!

Comment

Originally posted by BLU BYU View Post
          Yeah I would plus there like 12 years old too!
          so is the rest of my engine, withe the exception of heads and cam. when the engine goes it will go but not worried about it.

Comment

I have a set off of rockers off a 5.3 if you need some to get you by. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by old vette dog View Post
              ?? You do not have the 1.8 offset rockers like the LS7 has. The stockers are fine if you don't have the offset for the massive 2.20 intake valve....

Comment

Originally posted by RX-V8 View Post
                I have a set off of rockers off a 5.3 if you need some to get you by. Let me know.
                Not the same....... thanks anyways :rotfl:

Comment

buddy om fime just had a few of these let go on his 05 ls2 vette :(

Comment

Originally posted by old vette dog View Post
                    buddy om fime just had a few of these let go on his 05 ls2 vette :(
                    Really? That sucks! Tell him Comp has a new truion roller bearing kit that seams to be working good so far for everyone. One other alternative is the CHE kit. It's basically a bronze bushing upgrade and is suppose to be the best option but they say it has more drag on the valvtrain then the roller type for obvious reasons.........

Comment

Stay away from the Comp Cams Truion upgrade also. My head guy said they have had these have issues also. He said the only way to go is the CHE bushed and bronze insert....

Comment

Working...
                      X