What is it for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it for you?

What is it that you get out of the car hobby? Is it the adrenaline rush of racing or hearing the horsepower? Is it the looks that you get for having something slightly different than 98% of the rest of the population? Is it the pride of rebuilding/redoing something and making it better? Is it because you like getting your ego stroked by beating the "other guy"?

What is it for you?

I do it for the pride, for the adrenaline rush, every this I love cars.

Comment

I tused to be taking on all the street cars around here but then I almost got cought soo
      I have curbed that quite a bit. But I do jet akick out of making something go that is not suppost to. My Project stocker went 13.07 in my camaro with outside bolt on only even had the truck cam in it.

So for me building stuff and meeting new people and helping them go faster is what it's about. Oh and being here also.

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
        Is it the adrenaline rush of racing or hearing the horsepower? Is it the looks that you get for having something slightly different than 98% of the rest of the population? Is it the pride of rebuilding/redoing something and making it better? Is it because you like getting your ego stroked by beating the "other guy"?
        Yes to all of the above. I also like to know how things work, I like to build things, I like to fix things, and I also really enjoy learning about things I'm interested in. The car hobby fits all that pretty well.

Comment

Sucking gas and haulin ass,
          hookin and bookin,
          the smell of race fuel in the morning,
          whippin donuts till your dizzy,
          accelerating so hard its like getting hit w a 2x4 in the back ( frum rollers wouldnt understand this one).
          the echo fo over 6000 rpm resonating through your body like a bad flash back

cant think of any more right now

any body else w cheesy sayings?

Comment

The faster i go the happier i am

Comment

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
              The faster i go the happier i am
              Amen to that

Comment

Personally, I like having the vehicles, working on them to make them better/faster/more modern etc.

I really enjoy just driving them. I swear I get off on the actual driving of older cars. I really enjoy classics and have said many a time I would have LOVED to grow up in the '60's when life/cars were simple and cars had personality!

I guess I'm looking for a place to hang out, talk with guys older/more experienced than myself, and learn from them. Not necessarily brand specific, as I have Fords and a Chevy. I also really enjoy classic cars... Is this that place?

Dan
                1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
                2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
                2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
                1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

I too think I am hooked on the working on ,building and improving them. Sure I like going faster and seeing results , but it isn't my ultimate goal. I like to stay busy. 3 engines in 4 years kinda shows that. And Dan I need to start inviting you to the shin digs. Pleanty of car talk and lots of guys like you. All love talking about that kind of stuff. I just listen and learn as much as I can.

Comment

Ill be there! lol jk I know you were not talking about me. :( ;)

Comment

to me it's fun and exciting. Racing is a blast and also looking good is important.I've said a hundred times that I spend more time cleaning and polishing than I do driving. But it's the feeling of getting away from it all when I'm driving my car that's the main thing that I like......

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                        But it's the feeling of getting away from it all when I'm driving my car that's the main thing that I like......
                        That's my biggest thing too. Getting out of town and enjoying the drive.

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                          But it's the feeling of getting away from it all when I'm driving my car that's the main thing that I like......
                          That's my biggest thing too. Getting out of town and enjoying the drive.
                          Aside from putting my foot into the radiator at will, this pretty much says it for me to. I drive crowded city streets every day at work, I certainly don't prefer to be on them dealing with all the headaches during my off time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                            Sucking gas and haulin ass,
                            hookin and bookin,
                            the smell of race fuel in the morning,
                            whippin donuts till your dizzy,
                            accelerating so hard its like getting hit w a 2x4 in the back ( frum rollers wouldnt understand this one).
                            the echo fo over 6000 rpm resonating through your body like a bad flash back

cant think of any more right now

any body else w cheesy sayings?

Hey 602 can you change fotoboy's user name to clecheboy.:rotfl:

Comment

I grew up in the summers on the farm where my grandfather and uncles were always building something mechanical. I like working on the older stuff because of that. I like learning how things work and how to make things. Now I have kids that I can share knowledge with which made it even more fun now. The thing I like with today is all the modern things you can put on the old cars. Plus it's fun getting ideas of things to do from you guys. And seeing what you've done to your cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X