What is it for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LES View Post
    I too think I am hooked on the working on ,building and improving them. Sure I like going faster and seeing results , but it isn't my ultimate goal. I like to stay busy. 3 engines in 4 years kinda shows that. And Dan I need to start inviting you to the shin digs. Pleanty of car talk and lots of guys like you. All love talking about that kind of stuff. I just listen and learn as much as I can.
    Yeah, WTF! LOL.

And I love learning from some of the "old farts" too.

Dan
    1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
    2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

I guess for me it is kind of an obsession, I am addicted to accelerating at a rapid rate. It gives me something to look forward to when summer comes around, especially with cabin fever. lol.

Comment

i just love bulding shit, just getting in there and doing it your self.

Comment

Originally posted by orange88 View Post
          i just love bulding shit, just getting in there and doing it your self.
          We know you like working on your shit, because thats all you do

Comment

lol

The roar of the engine, the pull.

Comment

I do it for the bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-door View Post
                I do it for the bitches.
                Seats two,****s four!

Comment

I do it for the bitches.
                  werd

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
                    What is it that you get out of the car hobby? Is it the adrenaline rush of racing or hearing the horsepower? Is it the looks that you get for having something slightly different than 98% of the rest of the population? Is it the pride of rebuilding/redoing something and making it better? Is it because you like getting your ego stroked by beating the "other guy"?
                    Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                    But it's the feeling of getting away from it all when I'm driving my car that's the main thing that I like......
                    I'd say both of these. It's just great to go out cruizn' and get away from everything. Feels great to have something that you can say "you" did the work on and made it what it is. Awsome to be able to stomp the gas and feel all the power too. I have had alot of influence from family with the whole car scene. Many of my uncles have owned Camaros, GTOs, Mavricks, Mustangs and such. So it all just came naturally to me to be fasinated with muscle cars, or cars in general.
                    Last edited by Old School; 02-07-2008, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I do it for the bitches.

And you do get the bitches.

Comment

For me, the cars I’m into now are a good platform to modify and the last generation to run a carb if you want. The older cars have become so expensive that they’re almost impractical to have as a daily driver. I would like to get into something a bit older because it is what I grew up with.

Comment

Been workin on cars since high school and it brings me back to a time when things seemed less hectic. When a good time was having a full tank of gas, your girl next to you, and cruisin the local hang outs with friends.
                          That I dont know anything else

Comment

Working...
                          X