Pro Topline heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Topline heads

I got a killer deal on some new 220 runner pro topline heads yesterday. I know that some have has some bad ones from this co. but for the price I thought I would take a shot at them. They are suppost to flow over 290 @.600 so this could be good for the next NOS 406. One gut I was talking too said he opend up the bowls, cleaned up the guides and added 2.05 valves and was at 300 cfm.

Flow numbers are inflated, with some porting people have done very well with them. Can't beat what they cost, even new.
    I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

how much did ya get em for and where?

Comment

Thought he told me couple of hun each + shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Toys View Post
          Thought he told me couple of hun each + shipping
          Yup, that's pretty close.

Comment

nice! cast iron or aluminum? where did you buy them from?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              I got a killer deal on some new 220 runner pro topline heads yesterday. I know that some have has some bad ones from this co. but for the price I thought I would take a shot at them. They are suppost to flow over 290 @.600 so this could be good for the next NOS 406. One gut I was talking too said he opend up the bowls, cleaned up the guides and added 2.05 valves and was at 300 cfm.
              I have not had experience with their Chevy heads, but I have worked with their SBF units. They did need some touch up work out of the box. (About 4-6hrs to be exact, but nothing really major). Like the "gut" you talked to, they needed some clean up in the chambers. Lots of sharp edges, and the short turns from where the bowls were cut left some pretty sharp edges as well. Short of just cleaning up the short turn just above the seat. Getting rid of the the edges in the chambers, and just cleaning up the castings of the runners was all I did to the SBF heads. (Left the overall shave of the runners as cast) And they nearly mirrored the HP and TQ #s of a set of AFR 185s on a nearly identical engine setup. (Both 331s, both had same camshaft, one had TFS track head intake, one had RPM 2).

If your not afraid to put a lil time into them, you really can't beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                nice! cast iron or aluminum? where did you buy them from?
                Had a good freind who got them for me. They are cast iron.

Comment

Originally posted by OSOFEW View Post
                  I have not had experience with their Chevy heads, but I have worked with their SBF units. They did need some touch up work out of the box. (About 4-6hrs to be exact, but nothing really major). Like the "gut" you talked to, they needed some clean up in the chambers. Lots of sharp edges, and the short turns from where the bowls were cut left some pretty sharp edges as well. Short of just cleaning up the short turn just above the seat. Getting rid of the the edges in the chambers, and just cleaning up the castings of the runners was all I did to the SBF heads. (Left the overall shave of the runners as cast) And they nearly mirrored the HP and TQ #s of a set of AFR 185s on a nearly identical engine setup. (Both 331s, both had same camshaft, one had TFS track head intake, one had RPM 2).

If your not afraid to put a lil time into them, you really can't beat it.

Ya, These look pretty nice Casey and not any sharp edges in the bowl-short side radius area. I will have to clean up the chambers and get rid of all the sharpies around that area. I am going to put in my 2.05's to get some extra flow and with the other goodies I got for the 406 it should go pretty good this year. Did I say I was going to spray this? Guess not :laugh_smile:

Comment

I have a set of these in alum on my 502, picked up 30 hp and 100 rwtq ove the 188 old cast iron heads

Comment

Wow! 100 at the rear wheels? With no other changes? Now that's impressive.

Comment

I'll post some pics of the new heads this week.

Comment

Here are some pics

Comment

I estimate some nice times out of those heads.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTCSter View Post
                              I estimate some nice times out of those heads.
                              Hope so, Otherwise I will go on the show/slow:laugh_smile: curcuit like Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X