privite message from power tv please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• privite message from power tv please read

I got this pm from these people I know this was in the information pit but I thought everyone would enjoy reading this

602hp,

I saw you posted this link on this forum. I am the owner of powerTV. I know you don't need to read this, and you probably have something better to do with your time, but since you're a moderator on here, I'd appreciate it if you would read this letter...

Thanks
    -James

I know there has been a lot of bad stuff written about powerTV, what we do and who we are, by Hot Rodders.com, and that it was has spread to other forums partially by Jonathan but also by other forums. Everyone hates spam, so it's a viral issue. And I am not going to try to change your mind about what you have read or seen discussed on Hotrodders.com by Jonathan

First off, I want to let you know that anybody from powerTV absolutely will not post on your forum, EVER, without your permission. You do not need to be worried about your forum members seeing video posts of any nature. We will 100% respect your community and your right as the owner and administrator of that community to control the content that goes on your site.

I have been an honest, ethical person my entire life. I am a life long automotive enthusiast who has written for and even owned 4 different car magazines. I work on my own projects and powerTV is about as far from a spam marketing company as can be. We are an online car enthusiast TV show that produces our own videos and our own show - from tech videos, car features, event coverage, to SEMA coverage, to interviews. We have a dyno and two lifts and do lots of different tech videos and dyno tests.

That being said, we have made a mistake by posting videos to some forums without permission from the owners of that forum. Some of those forums loved our videos, and some didn't. In many cases, we had permission, but in others, we did not. That did not follow what I consider good forum ethics and I am responsible, 100%, for that mistake. I am not trying to avoid taking responsibility for that. It was unacceptable and we should have asked before posting any videos.

We are not paid to post videos on your forums, or on any forums. We are not paid by GM, or COMP, or Holley, to post videos on any forums. Any videos we posted we did out of wanting to promote our TV shows, event coverages, and our videos. And that alone.

I have only a mild understanding of business law, and I certainly am not a legal expert, but I have witnessed the allegations made by Jonathan. I have complete knowledge of our business and I feel that there has been a gross abuse of the 1st amendment rights that have been embarked upon him. To say that GM, Comp, or Holley, pays us to post videos is not true. I understand you have no way of knowing that, other than to believe me, but I am telling you the god's honest truth. It is wrong to GM, to Comp, to Holley, and and I certainly believe that no one should be allowed to walk on another person's civil rights, or the basic right to legally earn a living granted us in the constitution by trying to destroy these businesses reputations by making that claim, even if we made a mistake by posting videos without permission.

Jonathan has openly stated his goal is to put us out of business. I have 10 employees at my company. They include a 21 year Marine veteran with 2 children, a lovely fiancee (the power melissa) who is a great human being and a loving person, and a 31 year old camera person with a pregnant wife, and a bunch of other good people who do not deserve to be lied about. These people have families and lives also. Jonathan is attempting to destroy, and that is the truth. We have already agreed to not EVER post a video without permission. That isn't enough. Jonathan will only stop once our company is out of business. If you ask him, he will even tell you that. If not, what is his goal? Is the world a better place with our automotive Hot Rod TV Shows out of business?

Now, I understand this all is coming from someone who broke good faith in by owning a company that over promoted it's videos on forums. But you take it for what it is.

Please rest assured that we will not post any videos on your forum without getting permission from you, and please feel free to contact me at any time if you ever need to, because you feel someone is posting on your forum, or if you feel you want to build a dialog with us.

We will respect your forum, your community, and your space. You can feel free to post this on your forum if you like, or a summary of what I posted. We aren't hiding behind anything, we want to be open, up front, and treat your forum with respect and ethics.

Best regards,

James Lawrence
    President
    powerTV
    (951) 677-2626 x 104

Ok guys tell them waht you think as power tv is looking here kinda nice national attention.
    Keep it clean crap posting gets deleted. James you are fair game
    We set the rules no pm's to other memebers I want this out in the open for now.
    Power tv is not allowed to post any videos

Comment

I guess I just question what they would stand to gain by posting here...

Comment

I don't know let's see what they say now that I exposed them

Comment

What did they post and who the hell is Jonathon. Can we have a little more of a sob story.

Comment

Power tv must be boaring as they need to come here for some entertainment:rotfl:

Comment

If I'm reading it correctly, they want exposure for their online(?) TV shows and videos. I say sure. Put 'em up on YouTube and we'll check 'em out if we're interested

Comment

all I have to say is WOW what was that all about

Comment

I have seen powertv post on multiple forums w there automated same posts everytime, they have admitted that what they did is wrong by not doing it any more and are skating the facts by pulling the family card out. They got national publicity for free, good or bad it will eventually be good for there company. What would it cost for any legit business to achieve that? Give you a comparasin It cost my business over 20k a year to advertise to run my business and I am a small business just marketing to the surrounding towns.

I wonder if they are hiring? lol!

Comment

We should all apply we could make a better hot rod tv shows than the crap they have on the air now. Heck I do not even watch NHRA pro racing any more the same stuff year after year and is that polititcal people can't even try new stuff like big daddy did back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                      They got national publicity for free, good or bad it will eventually be good for there company.
                      I actually was going to post something similar to this. Sometimes bad press isn't so bad...

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
                        I actually was going to post something similar to this. Sometimes bad press isn't so bad...
                        Agreed. Bad press is better than no press.

Comment

One question. Is powertv the same or different than the "powerblock" on Spike channel on weekends?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpercables View Post
                            One question. Is powertv the same or different than the "powerblock" on Spike channel on weekends?
                            no...

Comment

i say let um post up videos in there own section if there willing to sponsor this fourm. other then that if there nothing in it for you guys then they can piss off for making money on your guys backs

Comment

Working...
                              X