Impact safety equipment SFI Decertification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact safety equipment SFI Decertification

If any of you guys run Impact Racing stuff, read on. Impact has had most of the SFI certifications revoked by the SFI foundation.

Looks like new belts and gloves for me this spring. Bastards. :shitsweak:

http://www.dragraceresults.com/artic...id=3484&type=2

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/...equipment.html

http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=22813

Wow, I need new harness belts so I am glad I didn't buy Impact ones for this year.

Wonder if there doing a refund or just do it the democratic way and stick it to em.

Comment

I doubt they'll do refunds... I have to agree with most- they'll file for bankruptcy before they shell out any bucks.

Comment

So is this for the last year and who's products are being debunked?

I bought new RCI platinum belts late last year, Wonder if they are still ok?

Comment

Wow, that sucks.

Something I've never had to worry about though. Too slow to need them. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            So is this for the last year and who's products are being debunked?

I bought new RCI platinum belts late last year, Wonder if they are still ok?
            My take- your RCI belts are fine- it's just Impact brand stuff. As of April 27th most all Impact stuff will no longer have a valid SFI tag. This includes everything ever made by them. Found this list-

3.2Fire Protection Material (Technical Bulletin)May 23, 2000

3.2ADriver Suits (3.2A/1, 3.2A/3, 3.2A/5)November 29, 2001

3.2ADriver Suits (3.2A/10, 3.2A/15, 3.2A/20)November 29, 2001

16.1Driver Restraint AssembliesMay 1, 2008

16.5Stock Car Driver Restraint AssembliesAugust 26, 2008

3.3Driver Accessories:
            Arm Restraints
            Shoes (3.3/5)
            Drag Boots (3.3/15, 3.3/20)
            Gloves (3.3/1, 3.3/5, 3.3/10, 3.3/15, 3.3/20)
            Harness Pads
            Helmet Supports
            Hoods/Balaclavas
            Socks
            Underclothing October 11, 2006

As far as I know all other brands are ok and are not currently in question.

Impact's rebuttal- http://www.impactraceproducts.com/

This is gonna get UGLY.

Comment

Good to know and there are going to be some pissed off racers.

Comment

Haha, all you fast car losers got hosed!
                I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

this would suck. summit sells impact stuff but i have never bought anything from them.

Comment

Well now..

Today they announced all previously decertified stuff manufactured in 2009-2010 is legal for competition and has a valid SFI tag.

Items dated prior to 2009 are still up in the air. The official release is in the link below.

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

Comment

I ordered another G-force 5pt from Summit, I searched for an Impact set thinking I could save a few $$ cause they maybe were getting rid of them but I didn't see them even listed. Wonder if Summit pulled them or just never sold them?

Anyone want a used G-force 5pt like new set for 25$??

Comment

Just read this today, Kinda sucks for some people

NHRA Tech Bulletin: Impact Racing suits
                        Thursday, April 22, 2010

SFI announced late last night that 3.2A/5 suits made prior to 2009 by Impact Racing have been decertified effective immediately.

As a result, and per NHRA’s Rulebook, those products are no longer allowed for use at NHRA-sanctioned events.

NHRA has spent the morning speaking with the division directors who will be conducting events this weekend as well as manufacturers and suppliers of certified products. There is limited inventory available, and the manufacturers and suppliers can overnight product to racers for use this weekend.

NHRA will work on-site at planned events with racers to do everything possible to assure that racers can comply with NHRA’s Rulebook.

For more information regarding SFI’s action against Impact Racing, log on to www.sfifoundation.com.

Comment

Especially for the folks traveling to the divisional event in Texas this weekend... Apparently they were letting the racers know as they went thru tech that their suits and stuff were not going to be allowed. They subsequently turned racers away that did not have or could not get a suit in time.

The NHRA reneged on the April 27th decert day and hung a bunch of racers out to dry. Kind of a shatty thing to do!!!

I for one have replaced my Impact stuff, went Stroud on the belts and Oakley on the gloves. No mo Bill Simpson made stuff for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X