Going to the Rock Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
    If you beat someone at RF and they ask you what's done to it, just tell em it's a Jimmy with a Typhoon bodykit and the previous owner put a turbo on the stock 4.3 but when you got it, you took the turbo off cuz you don't believe in boost.

Then when they ask what the whistle noise is, tell 'em you have one of those deer whistles like truck drivers have and it's hidden in your grill cuz you do a lot of long distance driving and you don't want to hit any deer on Kentucky's backroads. And that's why you took out the 3.42s and put 2.73s in there and converted it to RWD - so you'd get better gas mileage. Other than that it's just a bone stock 4.3 with no power adder and 500 pounds of sand in the back so you can get traction in the winter with your Nittos.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Comment

Well I guess I'll go over and make a few passes. Maybe it'll give some of the locals a chance to take out their frustrations by lining up against me.

Comment

Looks like sunday will be dry and I hope at the end of the day the bottle will be dry too.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
          Looks like sunday will be dry and I hope at the end of the day the bottle will be dry too.

What are you running out there? Ill be in a blacked out c5

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
            What are you running out there? Ill be in a blacked out c5
            I'll be there in a Red and Black '80 Camaro, Let's line'em up.

Comment

Car is loaded and ready to go Times should be posted on sunday night, Unless I blow it up LOL.

Comment

Good luck!!! Hope everything goes good for ya.:treed:

Comment

Had a great time and apparently I need practice and traction owned me, lol still got a best time of 12.089 @118 NA and slower but faster on a 100 shot @ 125 mph

Nice to see some familiar faces too!

Comment

Nice to see you there too Dan, I did the best of a 11.33@124 with a 100 shot.
                    The weather sucked and I need to learn how to drive again.

Comment

Nice to see you there too Dan, I did the best of a 11.33@124 with a 100 shot.
                      The weather sucked and I need to learn how to drive again.
                      Nice run

Comment

After trying three times to get a good 60ft without any success, I put mine on the trailer. Mine were off nearly 3 tenths which is why I couldn't get better than a 12.24. I'm still glad I went. It was good to see Dan with his black Vette and also Mark Larson there. Thanks to Mr.HP for bringing me a spare for my trailer. It is amazing to see him get 11.30s out of his basic SBC Camaro even after rolling though the staging beams and having difficulty finding what gear he decided he wanted to use. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                          After trying three times to get a good 60ft without any success, I put mine on the trailer. Mine were off nearly 3 tenths which is why I couldn't get better than a 12.24. I'm still glad I went. It was good to see Dan with his black Vette and also Mark Larson there. Thanks to Mr.HP for bringing me a spare for my trailer. It is amazing to see him get 11.30s out of his basic SBC Camaro even after rolling though the staging beams and having difficulty finding what gear he decided he wanted to use. Lol
                          why were you so far off? Other than all the banana peals on the track lol

Comment

On the 12.24 run, it had tire shudder through most of 1st gear. When that happens, the knock sensors pick that up and it pulls timing. On the last run, I must have got caught on those banana peels and ended up with a 2.16 60ft. That's when I figured it was time to put it on the trailer. I have to have 60fts in the 1.7s to run 11s with my low hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                              It was fun to get out in the car and pound the crap out of it, I was not sure of what to expect with it. The little 350 really amazies me and the cam in there is not what I would run for just N/A motors. I have the 292H CC in it.
                              This motor is going to end up in the Firebird with a 6speed with spray so watch out next year, Could be fun on the street with over a 125 mph car next year. Oh ya get your own spare tire :lol: Glad I brought it and in all the years I never have had one with me before.

Hey Dan, we will line them up next year, But I ain't racing that camaro of yours unless you take off a plug wire.LOL

Comment

It was fun to get out in the car and pound the crap out of it, I was not sure of what to expect with it. The little 350 really amazies me and the cam in there is not what I would run for just N/A motors. I have the 292H CC in it.
                                This motor is going to end up in the Firebird with a 6speed with spray so watch out next year, Could be fun on the street with over a 125 mph car next year. Oh ya get your own spare tire :lol: Glad I brought it and in all the years I never have had one with me before.

Hey Dan, we will line them up next year, But I ain't racing that camaro of yours unless you take off a plug wire.LOL
                                Not sure what Ill have next year but hard to line up unless we ask other drivers to bud

Comment

Working...
                                X