What does your screen name mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your screen name mean?

I started mine years ago in the heyday of LS1.COM. Some guy with a username SUPRAMAN was trying to convince everybody that Supras were superior to LS1 cars or any domestic for that matter.

I had just bought my SS and my pers plate was Z28SS so I just added Z28SSMAN and started posting over there in the threads he started.

People give me crap about if my car is a Z28 or an SS and I say it started life as a Z28 and it was ordered with the SS option. The car was built then shipped over to SLP where they added the SS upgrades.

In '67-'69 there were Z28/RS and SS/RS Camaros. I used to drive my wife's '69 SS/RS 396 Camaro and people would ask who's driving the SS that thinks it's an RS???

torkflight= torqueflite, mopar transmission, the reason it is spelled wrong is because when I created the username torqueflite in yahoo 11 years ago some other uncreative idiot like me had already used it so I settled for torkflight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

It came from a hat that I wore during high school. My brother found it, washed it numerous times, but it didn't fit him and it was a fitted cap. He gave it to me and it fit beautifully. I wore it really low and always walked down the hall with my eyes at the floor since I didn't like many of the people in my school. And since the hat said "ReRod" on it my friends would call that out to get my attention and have me look up. It just kinda stuck after that....

Later, once I got more into cars, it became even more fitting since I've spun rod bearings on 2 or 3 different cars

I'm actually kinda sick of it as a nickname and really wished people called me by my first name. But it still makes a good screen name I guess....

Comment

Everyone needs jumpercables at some point in their life

Comment

Mine may be self explanitory....I own a Grand National, Come spring I expect it to be rather fast, Hence 1FASTV6!!

Comment

I got called pool boy, when some people stopped by a friends house, as they seen me pressure washing a deck and painting, and they said "DID you hire a pool boy?"

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
              It came from a hat that I wore during high school. My brother found it, washed it numerous times, but it didn't fit him and it was a fitted cap. He gave it to me and it fit beautifully. I wore it really low and always walked down the hall with my eyes at the floor since I didn't like many of the people in my school. And since the hat said "ReRod" on it my friends would call that out to get my attention and have me look up. It just kinda stuck after that....

Later, once I got more into cars, it became even more fitting since I've spun rod bearings on 2 or 3 different cars

I'm actually kinda sick of it as a nickname and really wished people called me by my first name. But it still makes a good screen name I guess....

David, it will be alright, I have numerous names, and I'm not sure I like any of them

Comment

Mine is real simple it's the max hp that my 406 made 10 years ago hence the name 602hp
                and my son is 301hp as his first engine will be around that.

Comment

See below.

Comment

Speedo- I used to run by this guys house at work and everyday the guy would be out there working on his lawn and he would always yell HEY SPEEDO... cause he would tease me I should wear a speedo when I run (long joke that I forgot). Well then it got drug into work cause he would call me it there. I was at work in like 2003 signing up on the ls1.com board and I needed a nickname so that is the first thing that came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post

Huh, I don't even know your name..

Comment

fotoboy cuz I take pictures

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                          Huh, I don't even know your name..
                          his name is David, what kind of friend are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                            his name is David, what kind of friend are you?
                            SO sorrryy..... The first time I really met him was this summer at your place so what kinda of friend are you not to introduce people to one another..

Comment

Don't worry about it Paul. There's lots of people that only know me by ReRod

Comment

Working...
                              X