Who all is going to Car Craft this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
    I took the GN down to Uni tonight. Was raining a bit every so often. Hung out @ Porky's for awhile, and then cruised around some. Saw this MerCruiser 500-powered Camaro at the winking pig...
    I also seen the same car at Car Craft marking its territory. Even on such a cool day some seemed to get hot.

Comment

Hey Fast One...I hear that you play in a band. What's the name and where do you play?

Nice pic, jollywrencher. We were just talking about that car. A friend told me it had a for sale sign for $35k??? Cool car, but....

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        Hey Fast One...I hear that you play in a band. What's the name and where do you play?

Nice pic, jollywrencher. We were just talking about that car. A friend told me it had a for sale sign for $35k??? Cool car, but....
        Glenn,

The band is the Kurt Jorgensen Band. I'm the audio engineer. There are a few flavors of the band - solo; duet; trio; 4 & 5-piece acoustic; and then the full band. When we're full-up, we have 4-part vocals; two guitar players; a mandola player; a sax player who plays baritone, tenor and alto sax; a keyboard player; bass; drums; and percussion. Makes my job pretty fun when everyone's there.

Kurt sings lead, and plays lead guitar, plus acoutstic and classical guitars. The second guitar player also sings, plays percussion, and plays keyboards. The mandola player also sings & sometimes plays percussion. We sometimes have a female vocalist, and sometimes we have a dedicated keyboard player who also sings. I usually work the shows with the full band, but I don't work the Sunday shows. The band has 6 albums out. The style is rock/blues/americanna with a jazz flavor. If you're familiar with the Neville Brothers & Little Feat, you may recognize the influence in Kurt's writing style, as he is a big fan of those bands.

Here's our website - you can check our calendar there to see where we're playing, and you can check out the tunes. We're a lot more rockin' live than on CD. The picture is not current - a couple members have changed since it was taken: http://www.kurtjorgensen.com/site/tab1_00.htm

$37k for the Camaro? Seems a bit steep, to me. I don't recall ever seeing a MerCruiser in a car before. Wonder why it was upchucking coolant like that. If I remember correctly, the marine engines like a bit more cooling than the automotive types, but with all the work he did on that engine, I wouldn't think that would be an issue.
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Anyone got any pics yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            Sat. was pretty good so far, Met Scottco, Duece, Jollywrencher, haullinSS, balck7, JHM and several others
            [let me know if I forgot you]

Got talk with an old race freind Mike Patinode who has an old '69 Torino cobra [nice car]
            Pics to come later. Going to the pig now.
            Nice to meet you Mr. hp Thanks for stopping by.

Quit hoarding T56's and save some for me, BTW.

Randy
            www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
            Green four door Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by HAULNSS View Post
              Nice to meet you Mr. hp Thanks for stopping by.

Quit hoarding T56's and save some for me, BTW.

Randy
              Was nice to meet you also and :rlol: on the T-56's I have another one coming
              this week.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTCSter View Post
                Anyone got any pics yet?
                Here you go

enjoy

Comment

Car Craft was a good time this year @ the fairgrounds, But the street scene was really sad. Friday looked like a regular night and Saturday was not much better bet the cops liked not having to spend a lot of dough to baby sit. I will bet that this weekend will be more than dead.

Comment

Didn't take a lot of pics but here are some.

1013hp at the wheels in that Datsun^^

You don't see fenderwell headers on a LS motor very often!^^

Comment

looks like a fun time, unfortunately I had to work and had other crap going on so I couldn't make it this year

-Aaron
                      87 cutlass
                      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
                      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
                      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by jollywrencher View Post
                        You don't see fenderwell headers on a LS motor very often!
                        Thanks for the pics. I didn't look at that '56 very close. Heck, I probably walked right on by it several times, too. If I knew it was an LSx, I would've checked it out.
                        www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
                        Green four door Chevy

Comment

Who would drive around in a '69 chevelle with a 307 seems kinda boaring to me J/K,
                          that car was pretty nice. Deuce how the hell do you keep finding those jewels.

Comment

Working...
                          X