Fastest Street Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest Street Car?

It it funny how every year the so called fast cars around town start threads about who is going to be the fastest. These guys bragg how they all have a bazillion HP and that if you go up to show and go or muscle car shootout race and drive the track you have the fastest car on the street. I say BS, I still remember when the Zman challanged a 97 Z camaro with a turbo who says he has a super fast street car and turned Glenns car down for a race, Fastest street car BS and a couple of years later I watched this turbo camaro get his ass handed to him by a turbo cobra, Fastest street car BS.

No matter what you do or build there is a guy who can build something faster.

Fastest real street cars would drive to the track not trailered and besides I now think it's funny how after the past few years that a lot of these clowns are now going to automatics in their cars when you needed a 6 speed to be the fastest street car:lol:. Some say you have to go up to the BIR races to be the fastest street car, Ya right.

There are a host of cobras [most of which have had 2 or more engines] that have built their cars and go racing at the track only to run a slow time which makes them look like pigs, Then they cry and say the track is boaring.

Fastest street car? get a life there will always be someone faster than you but if you cannot drive it to the track and back without a trailer race it then go home without problems it ain't a street car. Street cars don't need trailers and if you need to trailer you car to someplace to show it off it ain't a street car.

I am going to agree, and disagree with a reason, agreed that the car should be able to drive to the track, have no probs, then drive home, and I could do that, and was on a couple cruises last year that were over 100 miles, but if you have a trailer, why not use it, chances are that one day you decide to drive it to the track you will blow connecting rods out your oil pan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Lol. I actually trailer mine because I have a trailer too. I try to keep the miles low and save my drag radials. It certainly isn't because I have a quick car, because I like to eat sandwiches while going down the track. Double lol.

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
        I am going to agree, and disagree with a reason, agreed that the car should be able to drive to the track, have no probs, then drive home, and I could do that, and was on a couple cruises last year that were over 100 miles, but if you have a trailer, why not use it, chances are that one day you decide to drive it to the track you will blow connecting rods out your oil pan.
        Tork the reason I made the statement about the trailer was not that you could't use one if you have it, But more that when one drives everywhere with the car street and track, Then IMO that would be the fastest street car, Not fastest tailer queen street car.

I'm with you though, If I gotta trailer I am going to use it, But then I have never made a stupid ass comment that my car has been or would be the fastest street car. Kind of pathetic though like the guy who went to SNG last year in a cobra runs mid 12's@137 something, Hell one could have drove that car up there but I guess one would need a trailer when you pop engines like candy.:rotfl:

Comment

What do you call a high dollar car that runs 12s @ 137 at the dragstrip? One who would get their ass handed to them by a well driven 11.90 SS Camaro. lol

Comment

If I had a trailer I would trailer mine as well... But, if I dont Ill drive it there, switch out tires, race, switch tires back then go drink somewhere on the way home..

When Gino and I were running 10's at the Rock last year, then just driving it out the gate people were looking at us like "holy hell, they drove it here"...

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
              What do you call a high dollar car that runs 12s @ 137 at the dragstrip? One who would get their ass handed to them by a well driven 11.90 SS Camaro. lol

Same thing as "My cobras all stock" umm ya right.:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                If I had a trailer I would trailer mine as well... But, if I dont Ill drive it there, switch out tires, race, switch tires back then go drink somewhere on the way home..

When Gino and I were running 10's at the Rock last year, then just driving it out the gate people were looking at us like "holy hell, they drove it here"...
                And I would say you guys have real street cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  What do you call a high dollar car that runs 12s @ 137 at the dragstrip?
                  A Supra.

But seriously, I think the fastest car I have ever heard of that is street legal, parked on the street and driven to the track ran 5's or 6's. Guy was from Australia or New Zealand. There is a video on youtube.

Comment

You're right itsageo. I forgot that many Supras have those problems. Lol

Comment

Waterbug
                      , I definitely
                      saw you and Gino runnin the numbers @ RF. Your cars were running strong.

Comment

Gonna try and go on the 30th.. Hopefully improve my ET a little.

Comment

I trailer mine because its nice to know that you can run it as hard as you want, and if something breaks, you shrug it off, load it up and go home. We dont have tracks within an hour from here, so I am not going to drive mine three hours, and then be like "shit!" and be screwed if something happens. Its the "what If" that I don't feel like taking.

I know I can drive mine to California with no problems. Its always ready.

I drove mine around Indianapolis, drove to Winged Warriors event and ran an exhibition run at O'Reilly Raceway in Indianapolis on drag radials, was sideways at half track, and still ran a 10.89 @133. And then I drove it away.... (to camby In)

Its an awesome feeling to be able to do that.

Comment

what happened to all the fastest street cars? I hear there were a bunch a few years ago but now theyre nowhere around. i heard guys talking about the crazy stuff around town. looks like most of the fun stuff happened before i moved here.
                            the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

That's "haulin" RX V8.

Anyway...Quadroflux, yep you missed out on locals from the local scene. Here are a few you missed:

1. Internet chatroom headline: Twin Turbos and 1000 hp coming soon Spring 2006! (The car never came out and hasn't been seen since)
                              2. "No problem...my LS1 will be running 11s with ease". (this came from a clown who was running 14s at Cedar Falls). lol
                              3. "He's got the fastest street car in the Twin Cities". (Afterwards a veteran brought his Coupe out and blew this guys doors off, then walked up to him and said "you're not even in my league")
                              4. After being asked to race, a guy with a certain turbo Camaro says "I trap 150 in the 1/4, you might get me off the line, but when I hit 3rd gear, I'm blowing buy you!" After he turned down the race, MR.HP and I saw him get his doors blown off by a turbo Cobra who toyed with him. The way the Camaro guy drove, he would have been lucky to trap 110 in the 1/4. lol
                              5. A certain feared Honda showed up at Rock Falls. Had big meats on the front and we saw him run 13's, then High 12s at nearly 120. When eliminations started, he lined up with my wife's stock automatic LS1 GTO. Hotcivic, (A moderator here) dialed 13.60 with the GTO and the feared Honda guy slapped an 11.70 dial-in on his window. The GTO ran 13.65, the Honda ran in the 14s on his 11.70 dial which gave the GTO a "buslengths" victory. Hell, the GTO would have beat him by lengths heads up! lol

So...yep you missed out on a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X