Wow look at this idiot's rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsageo View Post
    Yep, but the thing is, those Jettas are normal cars, they aren't tiny at all. People think things like the Yaris/Fit/Aveo are awesome because they get ~40 mpg. My fucking 96 Carolla with 290k gets 39 highway and fits 4 comfortably.

I can only imagine what a small car like the yaris would get with a diesel motor. It wouldn't even need to be a hybrid to pull 60 mpg is my guess. But none of the automakers bring them here for some STUPID reason. First one to do it probably sells them like madd!
    I think there's a stigma against diesels because people think they're loud and they pollute or something.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
      I think there's a stigma against diesels because people think they're loud and they pollute or something.
      Yeah, maybe one of you bowtie boys should write a letter to GM entitled, "Hey dip shits, wanna save your company?". Plus, it would raise their average mpg for their line up so they could make more muscle cars ;).

Comment

I'll agree that the new 'maro is sorta out of place with the current state of things...
        HOWEVER, the car was obviously in the making for several years beforehand, and depending on how far along things were, it wouldn't have made any sense to scrap it, and lose that much more money.

On the diesel thing, I also don't understand why we don't have them here.
        Euro's are going ape shit for diesels. They sell like mad over there, and they would here as well.
        I know VW and Audi both make some decent diesels w/good MPG.
        As for performance, Audi's LeMans racecar tore it up like mad a couple years back, and was diesel powered, so it's not like we can't make diesel powered supercars.

I think most of the stigma here is actually tied to the 'poisoning of the air' caused by burning diesel.
        I don't think you'd be able to make a diesel that passes California's requirements.
        I suspect there is some political bullshit behind all of that, though....

Comment

I know that is some car co. made a small car with a 2 or 3 cylinder turbo diesel
          It would still have plenty of power and super fuel milage.

Comment

Originally posted by FatTony View Post
            I don't think you'd be able to make a diesel that passes California's requirements.
            This is why a lot of the import guys think muscle car guys are just red necks. VW/Audi/a variety of other companies have been selling diesels in California for decades.

The TDi Golf/Rabbit/Whatever gets 50+ mpg, Jetta gets 50+ mpg. Who needs a hybrid... no one. Just diesel, they have a new filter that basically stores then combusts the particulate matter in the exhaust, making emissions much cleaner.

Also, in Europe, there is a 1.4 super-turbo diesel that is relatively quick (for what it is) and gets very good mpgs.

Oh well, maybe eventually they will learn.

Comment

Working...
            X