More free time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More free time!!

Just got the axe today!! HTI had their big layoffs, not sure how many were cut yet. Now I'll have more time to work on my projects I guess.

Sorry to hear that, I got a couple of places to apply at this week. First time I have ever seen anything in my area of work in the last month.

Hang in there

Comment

That sucks Lance!! They give a decent package or just a boot?

Any word on the toolroom? Gary? Sonnek?

Comment

shitty.. but being in the same boat i have been getting some things done around here.. swapped transmissions in the daily. got the grand am painted.. im sure you have some things to keep yourself busy.

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
        87 olds 442 - old mans ride
        355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket View Post
          That sucks Lance!! They give a decent package or just a boot?

Any word on the toolroom? Gary? Sonnek?
          Yeah its a pretty good severance package. I haven't found out about anyone else yet, they got me early in the day. They pretty much said don't expect any call backs, it looks that grim. 950 were cut in Hutch alone.

Star Tribune

Comment

[QUOTE=jollywrencher;25614]Just got the axe today!! HTI had their big layoffs, not sure how many were cut yet. Now I'll have more time to work on my projects I guess.

LOL!!! sure Lance, whatever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post

LOL!!! sure Lance, whatever

Comment

That sucks...going to look for something right away or just start in on the projects?? Is there even much out there right now?

Comment

I'm not in a big rush to find anything right now, but I'll keep my ears open just in case something good comes along.

I've been waiting to see if I was gonna be laid off or not before I start spending a bunch on my motor. Now I don't think I'll change as much as I would've liked. I wanna go through my tranny too so that'll take some cash.

Comment

950 people. That hurts.

Fortunately you got a good severance.

Good luck with the job hunt when you decide to find one.

Comment

We had to start 32 hour weeks this week, and thats after laying off two guys right before Thanksgiving. My sons sponsor is also pulling back on some of the big things we were gonna do this summer. F@#kin economy!?:shitsweak:

Comment

That sucks, I got laid off in early December form 3m. I was just manpower. I did hear 3m was most likely going to be laying off some full timers though...but thats just a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lwind05 View Post
                          That sucks, I got laid off in early December form 3m. I was just manpower. I did hear 3m was most likely going to be laying off some full timers though...but thats just a rumor.
                          I was waundering where you went? Oh well, on to bigger and better things right?! I heard we were going to lay off fulltimers too but nothing happened as of yet. Traver
                          2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
                            I was waundering where you went? Oh well, on to bigger and better things right?! I heard we were going to lay off fulltimers too but nothing happened as of yet. Traver
                            My bigger and better things are unemployment o well, still picking up parts here and there. My mom told me they were going to most likely lay off a bunch of the full timers.

Comment

They got rid of you and kept Pete........go figure?? Well I guess I always knew they did shit backwards around here!!:rotfl:
                              2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Working...
                              X