the new year..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new year..

so my friggen daily decides to grenade fifth on the 31st.. I was like, alright, its a beater. I will just fix it and go from there.. nope.. later that day I find out im going to be laid off as of friday (today).. great, now I have to fix my trans and not have any income for an un-disclosed amount of time.. anyone else having any b.s. come to them in the new year

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Don't feel bad I got laid off over a year ago and have only been able to find part time work. It's been tough for the auto industry.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Smooth358, we laid off two guys at my work just before Thanksgiving. Things are still a little too slow for my liking and I'm afraid they will strike again. We have some hopeful work on the horizon that would be a nice shot in the arm, but you just can't count on anything these days. Hang in there and try to be resourceful as far as looking at the not so obvious companies to work for in your line of work, Good luck!

Comment

yeah, I always try to look to the brighter side of things.. if all else fails I will take jollywrenchers drafting job! btw my names Aaron for all that have forgotten. I'm bad with names too.. I seem to have misplaced yours now that I think about it.. Rusty? idk..Yeah they laid off 14 people this week because of losing contracts..

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Correct on the name. We only laid off 2, but we only started with 20 for the whole company from carpet dwellers (office people) to machinists. Percentage wise it's not so good.

Comment

yeah, its shitty.. but I just need to fix my daily so that I am able to drive to interviews and such.. The economy fails therefore making myself (carpet dweller) susceptible to a lay off.. Job security fails now days.. but I have something to look forward to.. letting you southern guys take me out for my 21st in march!

-Aaron
            87 cutlass
            76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

We could prolly arrange that

Comment

yeah, I was actually down in sleepy eye for christmas eve.. If it hadn't been the holidays I would have stopped over

-Aaron
                87 cutlass
                76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
                  sleepy eye
                  Huh... You drove right by RedRocketville... If you blinked you missed it!! You originally from the Sleepy town?

Comment

nope, i was down there with the girlfriends family. I grew up in big lake and princeton. I now reside in savage land. but I was down there for the for the southern cruise with a few guys from around there a couple months ago

-Aaron
                    87 cutlass
                    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Oh ok. Heck, I probably know her folks. I know half the damn town, not a good thing either.

Comment

her dads parnets are scherer... or her mom's last name lendt. they both grew up down there

-Aaron
                        87 cutlass
                        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Huh don't know them. Cousin to my boss I think though. Brother's name Dusty? He might be a cousin too.

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
                            yeah, I always try to look to the brighter side of things.. if all else fails I will take jollywrenchers drafting job! btw my names Aaron for all that have forgotten. I'm bad with names too.. I seem to have misplaced yours now that I think about it.. Rusty? idk..Yeah they laid off 14 people this week because of losing contracts..
                            :rlol: Now thats funny!!! The place I work at will be laying off 1,000 people soon and my head could be on the chopping block. We'll be hunting for the same jobs out there.

Comment

yeah that is no good.. stupid layoff plague that is going around.

-Aaron
                              87 cutlass
                              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Working...
                              X