Hot Rod mag article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod mag article

Anybody see the article where they re-designed a gen III SBC to accept LSx heads? Made impressive power.

Very intelligent thing they did there. Uses a proven, affordable, easy to use foundation (not that the LS block is bad, mind you) and tops it with some of the best designed production style SBC heads ever made.

I don't think there was mention of how much the blocks is going to retail for was there? That may be the deciding factor if this combination will be a big seller.

Comment

Ya, I saw that and thought what a good idea but the cost is what will make that block work as a lot of people still go with what's cheap. So if just buying an a cpomplete LS1 is cheaper that getting a special block that what most will do.

Comment

Is the main reason they built it because you don't have to monkey around with fabricating engine mounts etc like you do with the LS blocks or because people say the LS motors sound funny? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Is the main reason they built it because you don't have to monkey around with fabricating engine mounts etc like you do with the LS blocks or because people say the LS motors sound funny? Lol

Nah, They have mounts and everything for the 1st gen cars and they do sound funny....la la la la la la la la la:rlol:

Comment

That will be my future block purchase for the '82

Comment

Working...
            X