Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow..snow..snow

It sucks:rlol:

Ole Texas like it.... Took the sled on the back roads of bloomington for a few runs before going up north. Shit was bookin!

Comment

Was nice to have the 4 wheeler today though

Comment

snow drags

Comment

Speaking of snow...

Went up to Lake of the Woods for Thanksgiving. While I was there, I got to ride a 200 HP Polaris that a friend of mine built. It's not an all-out race sled - it's more of a sleeper that looks pretty much like your typical family sled. About the only hint that something's up is the F1-ish idle speed. That thing launches so quick, I could barely hold on! I was too chicken to actually open it up all the way. Hit ~100 MPH in a few seconds & I was ready to back off. Along with the sheer acceleration, I was quite impressed with the overall drive-ability. The sled was well-behaved @ low speeds, and was surprisingly manageable even during slow, just-off-idle maneuvering. Had to be very, very careful with that throttle finger, though....

Damn! I've got to get me one of those! (Hmmm.....I wonder if I could fit a turbo under there...)
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Yeah, this sucks. For some reason, I don't have many winter hobbies - aside from listening to music, ham radio, and posting on here, anyway....

Took the Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions off the GTP & put on my Dunlop SP2 Winter Sports - just in time for the last round of white stuff. Had the opportunity to try the Pole Positions out on the snow up north - just for grins. Learned that, despite the all-season labeling, those 180 MPH-rated RE960s are pretty much useless in more than ~1/4" of snow. Who would have thought? :rlol:
            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            X