No announcement yet.

Sneaky street cars you have had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old 4-door Malibu. God, I miss that car. Stock 7.5" 10-bolt, stock axles, stock suspension, stock HEI ignition, 26 x 9.5 Hoosiers....it ran 11.80's.

Comment

Now this is funny

Comment

Hey 5 door that engine in that old malibu looks stock to me

Comment

I like the shot with the left front off the ground.

One could get their feelings hurt running across a car like that on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

Many people did.

Comment

Those dash pics are bad a$$

Comment

Originally posted by bbc nova View Post
                Those dash pics are bad a$$
                I agree. I just now noticed that the shift light and tach are tucked back kinda out of sight:cool:

Comment

FYI, the panel over the gauges snapped on and off. The shift light was concealed behind the A/C vent. When it was time to race, I just opened the vent and could see the shift light perfectly. I cut the face off the stereo and the heater controls (notice there are no knobs on the heater controls) and glued them to the trim fascia and it snapped into place to hide the tach. I mounted the shifter directly to the bench seat. The reason for that was because my girlfriend at the time wanted to drive the car occasionally. The shifter would go back and forth with the seat because she needed to sit closer to the pedals.

Comment

My to sleepers were a 73 chrysler newport with a 440 super commando it was awesome nothing like being in a 6000# car that could 140 too it took a while to stop. The other bonus to that was a huge back seat you kneel down in front of a woman in that thing. The other was 82 delata 88 with a warmed up 350 rocket had 3 inch single exhaust with a glass pack it would really bark when you put the foot into it. Suprised many with that one. And my Pink 68 with a hyper 302. Hea it was pink no one took it seriously. Even had hubcaps.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

Many people did.

Comment

one good sleeper I did have was a eclipse that was a GSX but I removed the X so it said it was just a GS so people thought it was just a GS

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike View Post
                          one good sleeper I did have was a eclipse that was a GSX but I removed the X so it said it was just a GS so people thought it was just a GS
                          So what your saying is you removed the x and people thought it was a gs? interesting

Comment

Yea cause a GS is non turbo and my GSX was turbo plus some upgrades

Comment

1966 F100 (4000lbs) long box ,406 cu FE. 12.20's. Not bad for a sleeper....

Comment

My current Mustang is relatively sneaky......looks stock (besides the wheels), stock interior, idles smooth, quiet blower......but it runs high 11s.

Comment

Working...
                                X