Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaky street cars you have had

I will start this out I have 2 of them

In 1987 I thought I would build a street sleeper so I built 1980 Malibu wagon and put in a
    427BB chev
    Turbo 400
    3.73 12bolt
    150 shot of juse
    I used to sneak up on unsuspecting mustang GT's and IROC Z/28's and blow their doors off only lost 3 races in that car. Kept the hood closed for almost a year before people found out what I had then around the local town here I could not get a race.The last motor I had in that car was 454 but never went as good as that 427.

Car No.2
    1979 Malibu 4dr stone stock looking with wide wheels and stock hub caps
    400SBC with minor mods
    Turbo 350
    Stock 7.5 10bolt
    I had so many races in anoka the cops knew me by name and I told everyone it had a H.O.305 in it the looks on peoles face when I would open the hood and they saw greasy valve covers Q-jet and a stock cut open air cleaner with a 305 sticker on it. Sold it to a friend he junked it I bought the motor back it now resides in my 63 chev.

Alright everyone tell us yous sneaky car stories.

You forgot to mention the plastic K-mart hubcaps on steelies with slicks.
    Can't remember, didn't you have a baby seat in too?:rotfl:

Doc

Comment

Primer black 69 camaro with a 396, powerglide, and 5.38's!
      Rusty 4 door nova with a strong 350, had alot of fun in highschool with the rusty bitch. During the winter we used to see if we could drift all the way around the corner on the north end of Delasell island

Comment

Clapped out 70 Nova s***box winter beater. Stock 307 with hole in exhaust.
        Centerline skinnies on front with fake centerlines on back. BIG NOS stickers in side windows.
        No one wanted to race it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
        Kind of a reverse sleeper.
        Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor G View Post
          Kind of a reverse sleeper.
          :lol:I've seen some of those (lots)around here!

Comment

Would you really be afraid of this POS?

This was pre-NOS stickers in window.

Doc

Comment

1980 Chevy sprint 1.0 liter turbo w a rusted waste gate that boosted the motor to over 15 psi. good for 4th gear scratch out of the massive 12 in rims wrapped in super sticky fleetfarm all season rubber. I used to take 5.0 stangs to 100 mph.

Here is my car:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...1d1c5f2e8c.htm

Comment

I don't know. Those 307's can be pretty nasty:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                  1980 Chevy sprint 1.3 liter turbo w a rusted waste gate that boosted the motor to over 15 psi. good for 4th gear scratch out of the massive 12 in rims wrapped in super sticky fleetfarm all season rubber. I used to take 5.0 stangs to 100 mph.
                  YIKES! Must have steered like a go-kart with rope steering and a stick that drug on the ground for brakes!

Doc

Comment

YIKES! Must have steered like a go-kart with rope steering and a stick that drug on the ground for brakes!

Doc

Haha, funest sleeper for under 600 buck i ever had! even had racer white hup caps over custom stamped steal wheels

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
                      I don't know. Those 307's can be pretty nasty:lol:
                      602 had one at the same time,except his was a pontiac ventura(same as nova) only thing was his was a 3spd floor shift. Well you know that a saginaw 4spd went in right away. Then headers,manifold,carb,etc. Faster but still not enough,so that poor old 307 got a cam and a set of 1.94 heads. Pretty fast for a 307, but we thought maybe we should try out my 200hp NOS cheater system on it. We went out testing it on one of the local street racers that night. Bob hadn't run spray on a stick car before,so when he shifted from 2nd to 3rd he didn't lift off the button. WING! BOOM! That saginaw sounded like blender full of bolts! Bob manages to get it jammed into 4th gear,and we laughed our asses off all the way home.:rotfl:
                      Never underestimate a 307

Doc

Comment

602 had one at the same time,except his was a pontiac ventura(same as nova) only thing was his was a 3spd floor shift. Well you know that a saginaw 4spd went in right away. Then headers,manifold,carb,etc. Faster but still not enough,so that poor old 307 got a cam and a set of 1.94 heads. Pretty fast for a 307, but we thought maybe we should try out my 200hp NOS cheater system on it. We went out testing it on one of the local street racers that night. Bob hadn't run spray on a stick car before,so when he shifted from 2nd to 3rd he didn't lift off the button. WING! BOOM! That saginaw sounded like blender full of bolts! Bob manages to get it jammed into 4th gear,and we laughed our asses off all the way home.:rotfl:
                        Never underestimate a 307

Doc
                        I remember that as I was ahead of old Mikey Dickenson's chevelle that had 5.38's in it I would have wooped his a** but ya the trans popped had it fixed the next day ya know Mikey didn't want to run again wonder why:rotfl:

Comment

Poor ol' Mikey never liked anyone with nitrous

Doc

Comment

Here is another one
                            1976 Blazer 4 wheel drivetook out 350
                            454 forged piston motor with street mods
                            4spd with granny gear
                            Stock danas with 3.08's

This truck was fun The first time I took it out I blew the rear tires off and thought WOW
                            so I put it into 4 high then went looking for suckers. Found a nice red Mustang GT asked him if that was fast he and his buddy looked over and laughed they said they would give me a car length that was a mistake. We took off and with that deep first gear I killed him out of the hole as he sat and spun we ran a long way and the truck had a big drop between 2nd and 3rd and I looked in my mirror and he pulled up to with in a car of me so
                            I wound 3rd. to 6500rpm and just pulled away. When we got to the next light the guy in the Mustang said what a POS I laughed and told them ya But it's a fast POS. Needless to say they didn't want to run again :lol:

Comment

Poor ol' Mikey never liked anyone with nitrous

Doc
                              Ya he was a good s**t too bad he's past on to the drag strip in the sky, boy I will need a whole new section just for those stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X