Local guy on Barrett-Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local guy on Barrett-Jackson

I personally have mixed feelings about the big Barrett-Jackson auction. Regardless of how I feel about it, Mick Kieffer from here in St. Paul just sold his '63 Ford Mayberry squad that some of you may have seen here locally at the car shows. He got 28K for it hopefully thats what he was hoping to get for it but not sure. For those of you who have met Mick you know he is a genuine car guy.

On the same theme I heard that a few years ago that Tom K. who owned Midway Chev sold a few of his cars on BJ including a Z-16 Chevelle ?
    Last edited by Jumpercables; 01-20-2008, 07:34 PM.

nice cars but over priced to the max..........

Comment

Some very nice cars, but I have heard a few horror stories on that whole BJ thing and some of the vehicles. Got to be real careful. Traver
      2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

28k damn thats some cash but pretty low for some of the other cars that are on there

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpercables View Post
          I personally have mixed feelings about the big Barrett-Jackson auction. Regardless of how I feel about it, Mick Kieffer from here in St. Paul just sold his '63 Ford Mayberry squad that some of you may have seen here locally at the car shows. He got 28K for it hopefully thats what he was hoping to get for it but not sure. For those of you who have met Mick you know he is a genuine car guy.

On the same theme I heard that a few years ago that Tom K. who owned Midway Chev sold a few of his cars on BJ including a Z-16 Chevelle ?
          Want to hear a good story about the former owner of Midway Chev. This was told to me by a 30 year tech that worked in service. The owner had a 69 Z/28 and another car he wanted to sell so he put the word out that they were for sale. 2 guys came in and aked if they could put the cars on the hoist to look at them the owner said ok and then the 2 made an offer of 40K each. The owner sold them then one day this guy I worked with's buddy called and said are you watching Barret Jackson he said no then turned it on. Well there was the Midway owners 69 Z/28 and the final sale was like 250K or something like that as the car was all original low mile documented car. The guy I worked with just laughed and said "The owner screwed himself". The next day at work he told the owner how much his Z went for and he went wild went into his office and slammed the door.

Sure was nice to see an owner get

Comment

There was a green '69 Z-28 on the showfloor. That had to be the one. Boy I bet he was sick after seeing that. I didn't think a '69 Z28 went for that much though.

Comment

that is a total ripoff.......... 250k for a car worth what 50k or so....... all the car's on BJ. are totally way too much........... and i'm not saying that cuz it's a chev..... i like 69' camaro's , shit I owned one..... 69 ss camaro indy pace car convert..... should have kept that one but I was only 18 yrs. old.......damn......

Comment

602hp, that is something for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpercables View Post
                  602hp, that is something for sure!
                  Ya after The guy that told me the story he said the whole shop was laughing at him. No wonder he never offered it to anyone at the dealer.

Comment

Working...
                  X