Cruz Pederegon wins F/C Championship in a Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz Pederegon wins F/C Championship in a Toyota

Cruz Pedregon wins his second title after years of runner ups to many. The body was a solara and yes it's a toyota but the rest is pure american HP.
    Congrat's to the Cruz'er and all the 2008 champions of the NHRA.

thought he had 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz_Kill View Post
      thought he had 3?
      Nope... 1992 for Larry Minor and the McDonalds team..

I was really pulling for Tim Wilkerson, great guy, but he kind of stepped on his wiener the last couple races..

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket View Post
        Nope... 1992 for Larry Minor and the McDonalds team..

I was really pulling for Tim Wilkerson, great guy, but he kind of stepped on his wiener the last couple races..
        That would have been nice to see someone else win one in F/C for the first time. I think force could retire and give everyone else a chance but he is still the best.

Comment

John Force IS the NHRA Pro Show. I can't say I agree with it, but he is the voice so to speak.

Wilkerson just showed everyone up this year... Used junk parts from the big teams, one car, tuning his own, etc... He deserves the championship more than anyone on effort alone. Maybe the media circus chasing him the last few races disrupted his focus. He was visibly uncomfortable on camera Saturday during qualifying.

Comment

John Force IS the NHRA Pro Show. I can't say I agree with it, but he is the voice so to speak.

Wilkerson just showed everyone up this year... Used junk parts from the big teams, one car, tuning his own, etc... He deserves the championship more than anyone on effort alone. Maybe the media circus chasing him the last few races disrupted his focus. He was visibly uncomfortable on camera Saturday during qualifying.
            Wilkerson kind of reminds me of Cory Mac years ago when he and his crew chief went it alone in 92 and lost the championship by just a few points that
            year because they failed to go to one race and Joe Amoto won it by like 92 points. I wished that team had stayed together longer as they would have won a championship or two. Next year should be very interesting with all these companies cutting back on funding due to the bad economy.

Comment

tco funny car in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz_Kill View Post
                tco funny car in the future?
                If the site had been around 10 years ago I know of 2 teams that would not have had a problem putting on the decal ob as they were local and good guys. Now they are into other thing as that part of NHRA racing is big bucks and without corporate help you are not going to make it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                  If the site had been around 10 years ago I know of 2 teams that would not have had a problem putting on the decal ob as they were local and good guys. Now they are into other thing as that part of NHRA racing is big bucks and without corporate help you are not going to make it these days.
                  Cory Lee and Tom Hoover one of them? Who was the other team... Mind is getting rusty...

I've said it before- we may very well see a very different NHRA next year... The sponsor shakeups haven't even started.

Comment

Cory Lee and Tom Hoover one of them? Who was the other team... Mind is getting rusty...

I've said it before- we may very well see a very different NHRA next year... The sponsor shakeups haven't even started.
                    No not either one of them and I remember being at Tom Hovers house in the late 70's when he fired the car up in the garage and back then the neighbors didn't even mind. His dad George was pretty cool also.
                    I think there are going to be less teams next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X