Jimmy Johnson wins 3rd NASCAR championship in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Johnson wins 3rd NASCAR championship in a row

Hey Joe looks like another dynasty for GM congrats to the Johnson team on winning the 3rd championship.

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
    Hey Joe looks like another dynasty for GM congrats to the Johnson team on winning the 3rd championship.
    48 is a chump!!! 99 is the true champ.... 9 win season!!!!! 24 worst season ever....nice...... the blue ovals still had more car's in the top ten....

Comment

But he did not get the Big trophy just the little one oh....and millions less then Jimmy so eat it ford boy.

Comment

I'm not a big Jimmie fan, but he's one hell of a driver & has one hell of a team. Congrats to Jimmie & team on the championship - and for doing something only Cale had done before!

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

nascar

Comment

Originally posted by skidoomxz View Post
            nascar
            Why not, it's the same kind of racing that most of the frum rollers like to do race frum a 60 mph roll so this should be no surprise.

Comment

I am not a big fan of Nascar for various reasons, but this is the first time it has happened in the last 30 years or something right? Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by itsageo View Post
                I am not a big fan of Nascar for various reasons, but this is the first time it has happened in the last 30 years or something right? Impressive.
                The only other driver in the 60-plus year history of NASCAR to win three Cup championships in a row was Cale Yarborough - in '76, '77, and '78. Neither Richard Petty nor Dale Earnhardt managed to pull that off. In his day, Cale was one of the best drivers to lay hands on a steering wheel, and he has 83 victories & 70 pole positions to his credit. He is considered one of the best drivers of all time - worldwide. He was the first to qualify at more than 200 mph for the Daytona 500. He did that back in '84.

For Jimmie & his team to win three Cup championships in a row is an impressive accomplishment by any measure - especially when one considers how tight the competition is nowadays....
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

nascar has was more action going on for 3 hrs. than the nhra drag racing. and the last 25 lap's are the best. nhra is 5 sec's. and it's over. get's boring for me. The more i watch nascar the more i get into it. It would be great to take a car and crash out no. 24 or no.18 cuz they both suck to the max.

Comment

Working...
                  X