Parking lot etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot etiquette

I found one of my old school newspapers from my senior year in high school and found a few things that I thought were kinda silly.
    First is a short article that I wrote in regards to parking lot etiquette at school as a contributing writer:
    1. When you find your parking spot in the morning, take up as much of it as you can so everyone knows it's yours!
    2. Don't invade the space of a "motorhead's" car! They know how to make your car malfunction!!
    3. Should a person who actually appreciates their car take up more than one parking spot respect their decision and find the next available spot.
    4. Save the gravel for those students with a better car than you. Let them be appreciated for something in place of sports. Their cars!
    5. I NEED two parking spaces! I have 3.5 foot doors! So, unless you're looking for red paint all over you door, give my car (and those with a similar problem) some extra space!!
    6. If you don't like how someone is parked, don't go tell the office! Tell it to that person directly! It saves the secretaries the time of calling so-and-so down to the office.)
    7. Don't fly though the parking lot! (Save it for the highway.) If you do, expect to be talked to by (teacher's name here). (Speaking from 4 personal experiences.)
    8. When someone is driving slow on the gravel road to or from the highway, they do it to keep their nicely washed car slean. Don't speed past them! This kicks up dust (which you came from and can be returned to!)
    9. If you think someone has a nice care, tell them! Just like athletes, "motorheads" appreciate some praise too!
    10. Finally (and most importantly), give the seniors the utmost respect in the parking lot!! We're out of here at the end of the month anyways. You can make up your own rules of "Parking Lot Etiquette" next year!

And the other thing that I found kinda funny to see and look back on is the section where the seniors "willed" things to underclassmen. Here's what I had written for that:

I, David Schmidt, being of extremely demented mind and the epitome of health, bequeath the following junk to the following homosapiens. To my friend Dan H: the ability to play an instrument. To Nate K: my quality tuba case! (Yeah, I was a tuba player!) To all my junior friends: my winning attitude. To Joel L (Juan Carlos): my quality Spanish binder. To anyone: my fresh-smelling locker (I was a smoker). And to all the staff here at MVL: a big thanks for putting up with me for the most part of my 4 years here. See ya! And finally, to all the staff that didn't put up with me: a bid, really tight hug!!

:rlol:Man, high school was dumb but yet kinda fun!!

Ahh the memories of HS....

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Ahh the memories of HS....
      Some great ones... some not-so-great ones...

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
        Some great ones... some not-so-great ones...
        For some its hard to remember....wait that middle school

Comment

Originally posted by Pool Boy View Post
          For some its hard to remember....wait that middle school
          :rlol:

Comment

Working...
          X