What does everyone think about a TCO drag day this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think about a TCO drag day this year

After talking to some people there was talk about maybe having a drag day this year at the grove. If so let's see if how may would be willing to go.
    I will if I can get the trailer and truck ready [car is no big deal] otherwise I will film for everyone.

Anyone else what do you think?

I'm game as of now. If it ends up in October I might have to work the day, might not.... depends on which w/end it falls on.

What are basics for passing tech on a slow car? I forgot since it's been 4 years or so since I've raced at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
      I'm game as of now. If it ends up in October I might have to work the day, might not.... depends on which w/end it falls on.

What are basics for passing tech on a slow car? I forgot since it's been 4 years or so since I've raced at the track.
      helmet up to specs, also that your battery is tightly secured (they frown upon bungie straps) I think a safety driveshaft loop, lots of places dont even check on that, prolly missing a thing or two...

Comment

i think it would be fun, not going to run my slow junk down the track again but i would come watch/ hang out.

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
        87 olds 442 - old mans ride
        355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by Pool Boy View Post
          helmet up to specs, also that your battery is tightly secured (they frown upon bungie straps) I think a safety driveshaft loop, lots of places dont even check on that, prolly missing a thing or two...
          I think the driveshaft loop isn't required unless you're on slicks. I could be wrong but I think that's when that comes into play. I'd just be driving up there and racing on my radials this fall. I won't have drag radials until next year.

I'm sure you're right about the battery though. I'll have to see whether that is being held down by the stock brackets yet or not....

You thought your helmet would fit me, didn't you?

Comment

rerod your car would pass just the way it is, also if this drag day happens, you can count me in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

I'd go, but my Cobra isn't an 1/8th mi car. Lol. But seriously...I'd like to go with my weak-assed Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                ...I'd like to go with my weak-assed Camaro.
                Bring it wearing radials (non-drag radials) and we can line 'em up

Comment

No money

Comment

Im going this friday to BIR... After that I am pretty much done for the year.

Comment

Depending on the day, I would be game. Traver
                      2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
                        Depending on the day, I would be game. Traver
                        Sorry... Your too fast!

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                          Sorry... Your too fast!
                          I'll dumb it down a little just for you, how's that sound?!
                          2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Thanks.. Now speedo can play too. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
                              I'll dumb it down a little just for you, how's that sound?!
                              LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Working...
                              X