A huge "Thank you!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A huge "Thank you!"

I want to express a huge amount of gratitude towards all of those that made the BBQ/Dyno Day/benefit possible! Weather aside, what an awesome afternoon and evening! I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with all those that were able to make it, even if there were some that I didn't get a chance to chat with. John and his "crew" did a great job of tuning my Malibu and it definitely is running harder than it had before:jhm rules:! A big thanks to the 4 guys who dug right in to change the water pump gaskets on it after the one gave out (you know who you are)! Thanks to the grill meister for the great food! (Wish we could have seen that Chevelle race tonight.... maybe next time!)

And, without a doubt, thank you all for the very generous donations!!! Your gifts will certainly help me pull through financially until I'm able to return to work in October!

David
    Last edited by ReRod; 09-14-2008, 03:08 AM.

Raquel and I are glad we could have made it..... We look forward to seeing you again!

Comment

rock on...... also thanks to john halley for his hosting of this event, that was way cool.......

Comment

but where was tork and speedo?????????? someone said they were scared to show????

Comment

had fun and it was nice to meet a bunch of you guys.

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
          87 olds 442 - old mans ride
          355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

WoW, what a good time , 30 -50 people all day until midnight. It was good to meet all of you guys. I think it was alot more fun than standing in a parking lot. I met lots of very nice people.
            Thanks to Bob for putting this together and for all the great help on the dyno with tuning, It takes Balls to stand over the engine bay and watch the timing during a run. Anytime you all want to do this again, I am all for it.

Oh yea

Comment

Posted by ReRod
              I want to express a huge amount of gratitude towards all of those that made the BBQ/Dyno Day/benefit possible! Weather aside, what an awesome afternoon and evening! I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with all those that were able to make it, even if there were some that I didn't get a chance to chat with. John and his "crew" did a great job of tuning my Malibu and it definitely is running harder than it had before! A big thanks to the 4 guys who dug right in to change the water pump gaskets on it after the one gave out (you know who you are)! Thanks to the grill meister for the great food! (Wish we could have seen that Chevelle race tonight.... maybe next time!)

And, without a doubt, thank you all for the very generous donations!!! Your gifts will certainly help me pull through financially until I'm able to return to work in October!

David

You are so very welcome and I am glad we as TCO and I mean all of us could do something to make things a little better for you. I sure do like your car and as always anything you may need I will help you.

Posted by Quicker than you
              WoW, what a good time , 30 -50 people all day until midnight. It was good to meet all of you guys. I think it was alot more fun than standing in a parking lot. I met lots of very nice people.
              Thanks to Bob for putting this together and for all the great help on the dyno with tuning, It takes Balls to stand over the engine bay and watch the timing during a run. Anytime you all want to do this again, I am all for it.

Oh yea

A very special thanks to you John for doing this for us and a thanks to the guy who strapped all the cars down all day. I just want to say that it sure was nice to see people I did not even know that came to the event in the rain and put the cars on the dyno. You are a Class act John and I cannot thank you enough for putting this on and the great pricing that you gave everyone. I had no problem helping out and I hope we can do this again.

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone who showed up to support ReRod's benefit. I'm sure that those who couldn't make it have been in contact with him to show their support. And if you haven't...please do so.

A big thanks to thank John Haley for providing his shop and dyno for us. He worked from early afternoon until after midnite to get all the cars dynoed. His tireless effort showed his passion for our sport. His staff made sure everything worked smoothly.

I especially want to thank 602hp because it was his idea to have the event. Actually...it was his idea to start our own site. It took more than a year of convincing me (phone calls, reminders, urging) to start TCO and has devoted a lot of his time help run it.

ReRod has been a loyal member of TCO and we plan on continuing to show our loyalty to him.

Z28SSMAN

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                  but where was tork and speedo?????????? someone said they were scared to show????
                  LOL, scared of the rain is about it, I talked to rerod yesturday before the get together, I still feal like kind of a dick for not showing but as long as dave was ok with it, which he said he was, I used the day to get caught up on a lot of stuff I had been putting off, sounds like you guys had a great time, next time I will be there, and I still want to race anybody willing to line em up. Also wanted to say that I still have not met John but I dont think I need to meet him to know that he must be a pretty good guy for doing something like that for dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

I was just scared.

Comment

The rain did keep alot of people from showing, But it was a big turn out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Quicker Than You View Post
                        The rain did keep alot of people from showing, But it was a big turn out anyway.
                        Rain, Shmain, cars don't melt I have not driven mine in the rain for years but for David it was worth it.

Comment

yep, was driving up to a friends house and saw grr driving his camaro down the highway today. i waved at him but doubt he had any idea it was me since i was driving the gf's car. hes crazy for driving that thing down 94 in the rain.

-Aaron
                          87 cutlass
                          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
                          87 olds 442 - old mans ride
                          355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Wished I could have made it! Maybe some other time they'll be a big get together again!

Comment

Yeah i was like WTF? whos that guy? It was an easy drive today, yesterday was not high on the fun scale though. BTW, nice focus

Comment

Working...
                              X