Terminator durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe 98cobra s/c should have left his stock then. lol

Yep...take the blower off and put her back to stock, then he can run lo-14's with it.

Comment

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=523270

Starts getting interesting at post 58. :munchstrechcouch2:

Comment

Lol.

Quadcammer is a true Ford guy, but obviously understands the differences and isn't ashamed to point them out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Quadcammer lol, lay off the smoke guy.

Id prefer a robot to build my engine. What if Mr. whizbang ford niche line engine builder has a cold, or had a few too many the night before. You end up with an engine that is missing some oil rings, has loose main cap side bolts, and has only one intake gasket.

The ls1 shits all over the 4.6 dohc. Its smaller, lighter, less complex, and more powerful.

OP, I think its a great idea. you keep your engine if you want resale value (please, these cars aren't worth dick anyway).

This is what I would do. You can get LQ9 6.0 truck motors for dirt cheap (like $1,000). Throw on some ported heads, a cam, and a 150 shot.

The swap shouldn't kill you, in fact, it should be fairly easy to do.

You are in for $3k, and you have a 450rwhp N/A motor, with 600rwhp on the spray.

LS1>Cobra motor.

P.S. guys, the ls1 doesn't exactly hate boost either. With 6 psi, it makes more rwhp than a dohc 4.6 with 8 to 10 psi.

get fords nuts out of your eyes.

:rlol: Sounds pretty funny coming from a f**d guy

Comment

Lets see some video of a stock 1000hp ls1 please ?

Comment

I guess it all depends on what you consider "stock".

Maybe the people who are so adamant about retaining the "stock" label should go ahead and remove some of those "stock" components which are the big contributor of all those catastrophic failures.

As far as the 1000hp? It sounds good on paper, but unless it consistently gets you to the finish line first, it just ends up being a conversation piece.

Comment

Stock as in going to the dealer and buying a bone stock crate motor on a pallet, And as far as i see it marks car goes 8s plenty enough times to have bragging rights, 1000+hp cars break all the time,even drag car built motors that have $10,000 into the motor break. Hell if a stock ls1 motor can handle 1000hp thats cool and more power to ya.

Comment

I'm not bashing Mark's setup. You're right...he's run 8's. No one is disputing that.

Bragging rights? About running occasional 8s? At what price?

You make it sound like other people who run 8s "break all the time". That's simply not true. I've known a number of guys who run 8s with less than 1000 hp and their cars aren't "breaking all the time". In fact, some are all motor and on pump gas. They do pay great attention to proper assembly, tuning, rpm range, and the best available internal components. They know their limitations and are smart enough to not exceed those limitations.

Did you take time to read about all the Cobra motors that have issues with only minor mods? Actually some were stock with little or no mods. These aren't guys I made up. They are actual Cobra owners from a FORD site. If these guys had issues with durability, then it's pretty obvious that one which has a lot of boost is gonna pop. If that's the case...then I'm confused as to why one wouldn't take a "stock" motor and swap out the inferior parts for the best available components. But...it wouldn't be a "stock" crate motor then would it?

So...I can't think of any reason why one would opt to use a dealer crate motor and throw plenty of boost at it unless they're hung up on it being a "stock" motor so they can brag about it online.

pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop

Comment

There are all kinds of records that people try to be on top of, case you didnt know one of his goals was to be the fastest stock cobra motor. so you posted a thread about people that blow up there shit, Lots of reason could be a factor in why they blew up.(tuning issues maybe) people also said I couldnt run a 150 on a stock maruader motor either but I did just fine and that car made 405 rwhp and 498 tq . I can see this is a ford vs chevy battle once again but have not seen any proof of a stock Ls1 making 1000+ hp and running down the track over and over

Comment

WTF are you talking about that car has not been stock for years either. If you are saying the bottom end fine but that car is about as stock as my camaro. So if I get a shaferoff 565 is that considered "stock" since it came from his factory, I guess so.
                      How about the guy back in 04 that had the yellow GT with spray and he sprayed it all over the track at CF that I know was a not a terminator motor but it was a 4.6

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                        WTF are you talking about that car has not been stock for years either. If you are saying the bottom end fine but that car is about as stock as my camaro. So if I get a shaferoff 565 is that considered "stock" since it came from his factory, I guess so.
                        How about the guy back in 04 that had the yellow GT with spray and he sprayed it all over the track at CF that I know was a not a terminator motor but it was a 4.6
                        HUH looks like you guys have had enough LOL:shitsweak:

Comment

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
                          There are all kinds of records that people try to be on top of, case you didnt know one of his goals was to be the fastest stock cobra motor. so you posted a thread about people that blow up there shit, Lots of reason could be a factor in why they blew up.(tuning issues maybe) people also said I couldnt run a 150 on a stock maruader motor either but I did just fine and that car made 405 rwhp and 498 tq . I can see this is a ford vs chevy battle once again but have not seen any proof of a stock Ls1 making 1000+ hp and running down the track over and over
                          You make some good points..well 'er uh...maybe. lol

There are people all over the world who want to be the first to do certain things. If one can get it done...then more power to them. Guess that's why the Guinness book is so popular. lol

As far as me posting the Cobra motors having problems? I just thought it would be more credible to post a link to a FORD site where people who actually own and race them can share their personal experiences about durability. You are the one who had issues with me starting the Cobra durability issue. You jumped right in and voiced your opinion about how much stronger they were than the LS1s which were "popping all over town".

How could I have been so gullible? I guess those guys are all lying? Why should anyone believe a bunch of guys on a Ford site. Especially Cobra owners. lol

As far as making 1000 hp? You just don't get it do you?

What good is making 1000hp if the car is constantly breaking shit? What good is it if you can't put the car in competition against other cars and win?

You obviously don't realize that a car making less hp can beat one with more? I can't fault you for liking cars that have impressive dyno numbers....that's obviously your style.

When I go to the track, I don't remember ever seeing dyno numbers on the scoreboard. lol. The most important thing I've noticed in racing competition is who gets to the finish line first. To me, all the other fluff is irrelevant.

As usual though...I welcome your opposing point of view.

Comment

Thats the difference between our style of racing, you think a time slip means the world and I think a good old street race means the world haha Sorry a real race happens on the street without slicks and vht, and as far as frum rolls well you old timers need to come to terms and realize times are changing and frum roll racing is the new street race like it or not. Its very clear on this site that its a chevy biased group and when someone disagrees you jump all over there shit LOL good day

Comment

Sorry a real race happens on the street without slicks and vht,
                              1)You're entitled to your opinion but last time I checked a "real race" happens where theres a beginning and an end. Not leave on 2 or brake early or any of that bullshit. A race with a starting line and a finish line.

2) That's pretty irrelevant statement considering Z has never ran slicks. He's always running the same combo whether it's at CFR or Vandalia for that matter. It doesn't matter.

and as far as frum rolls well you old timers need to come to terms and realize times are changing and frum roll racing is the new street race like it or not. Its very clear on this site that its a chevy biased group and when someone disagrees you jump all over there shit LOL good day
                              You're right. Frum roll racing is the new thing now. Nowadays there's a lotta guys makin a bunch of HP with their rides and they just can't hook so they resort to roll racing. Which means go from a 60 roll up to ??? who knows. Is that a real race? I don't think so. Just my .02

Sounds like a bunch of guys having a "dick measuring contest" to see who makes more power. :shitsweak:

Comment

Thats the difference between our style of racing, you think a time slip means the world and I think a good old street race means the world haha Sorry a real race happens on the street without slicks and vht, and as far as frum rolls well you old timers need to come to terms and realize times are changing and frum roll racing is the new street race like it or not. Its very clear on this site that its a chevy biased group and when someone disagrees you jump all over there shit LOL good day
                                Biased?

1. I linked FACTS from a FORD site from people who posted their real world experiences on the subject we were discussing. You call that Chevy biased because you didn't like the results. That's a cop out.

2. A real race happens on the street? I am going to send all the NHRA and IHRA guys a message to stop racing legally at the track because YOU said their type of racing isn't REAL racing. lol

3. I have never had slicks on my Camaro. If I decided to, I could definitely pick up a couple tenths. I've always run the same tires track or street.

4. I post facts and the best you can toss back is that we're biased and someone "jumped all over your shit because we disagree?" You can do better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X