Liddell vs. Evans UFC 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liddell vs. Evans UFC 88

I know this isn't car related but I thought I'd just throw it out there. Who here is gonna be watching Liddell kick some ass saturday?!?! Anyone have any predicitions?? Hey Tork is Lafayette Dragway gonna have the fight or aren't they open this weekend?

Liddell wins 2nd round TKO
    Franklin wins 3rd round TKO
    Henderson wins decision

And if I got some UFC fans reading this, what do you think about Lesnar fighting Couture in november?!?! Should be an awesome fight but Lesnar will be too much for Randy to handle.

Originally posted by jollywrencher View Post
    I know this isn't car related but I thought I'd just throw it out there. Who here is gonna be watching Liddell kick some ass saturday?!?! Anyone have any predicitions?? Hey Tork is Lafayette Dragway gonna have the fight or aren't they open this weekend?

Liddell wins 2nd round TKO
    Franklin wins 3rd round TKO
    Henderson wins decision

And if I got some UFC fans reading this, what do you think about Lesnar fighting Couture in november?!?! Should be an awesome fight but Lesnar will be too much for Randy to handle.
    I dont know man, randy c is like fucking superman, I dont know if lesnar can handel him, and yes I will have the fight saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

I hope Matt Hamill wins... I like that dude cause he cant hear and got screwed over on a previous fight.

Comment

DAMN DAMN DAMN Liddell got knocked the F out!! That just sucks cuz Rashad is such an ass clown. Hamil lost cuz of a kick to the liver, what the hell?

Comment

lol Iceman got iced!

Comment

sweet evans won!

Comment

Gotta chime into this one even though I'm like 2 days late. I ordered the fight at my pad. You pretty much have to when you got a 61" HD TV.

It was a pretty bad-ass night all in all. I agree with waterbug, it's too bad Matt Hamil lost. I feel bad for the guy. He's one hell of a fighter. He opened the shit out of Franklin's right eye. It was not looking good for Franklin at all until that kick to the stomach.

Henderson is just all out bad-ass. His fight could've been the main event alone. Palhares is a groundsman. I figured it could go either way really. If Henderson fought smart and stayed off the ground I figured he'd win which turned out to be. A lot of people don't know but he's been around for a long, long time and he's nobody to fox with.

I was not thinking Evans would whoop Lidell the way he did. That knock-out was scary fast. I'm speachless.

And as for Lesnar fighting the Champ? HA! After 2 fights??? I'm astonished. It's purely for the ratings. He's gonna get his shit stomped out by Couture. Maybe not in the first round, but it definitely won't go 3. Lesnar's second fight looked much, much better. But he's got a loong way to go. Can't wait to watch in Nov!

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
                Gotta chime into this one even though I'm like 2 days late. I ordered the fight at my pad. You pretty much have to when you got a 61" HD TV.

It was a pretty bad-ass night all in all. I agree with waterbug, it's too bad Matt Hamil lost. I feel bad for the guy. He's one hell of a fighter. He opened the shit out of Franklin's right eye. It was not looking good for Franklin at all until that kick to the stomach.

Henderson is just all out bad-ass. His fight could've been the main event alone. Palhares is a groundsman. I figured it could go either way really. If Henderson fought smart and stayed off the ground I figured he'd win which turned out to be. A lot of people don't know but he's been around for a long, long time and he's nobody to fox with.

I was not thinking Evans would whoop Lidell the way he did. That knock-out was scary fast. I'm speachless.

And as for Lesnar fighting the Champ? HA! After 2 fights??? I'm astonished. It's purely for the ratings. He's gonna get his shit stomped out by Couture. Maybe not in the first round, but it definitely won't go 3. Lesnar's second fight looked much, much better. But he's got a loong way to go. Can't wait to watch in Nov!
                I think you are wrong about lesnar, I think it will go all five rounds, both guys have awsome cardio, lesnar is just to big for couture to handle, I say lesnar by decision, I think couture is awsome but just not strong enough or young enough to pull it out against a guy like lesnar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                  I think you are wrong about lesnar, I think it will go all five rounds, both guys have awsome cardio, lesnar is just to big for couture to handle, I say lesnar by decision, I think couture is awsome but just not strong enough or young enough to pull it out against a guy like lesnar.
                  You're definitely entitled to you're opinion.

And you're right. Lesnar is bigger by about 45 pounds. He was also bigger than Frank Mir but that didn't seem to work in his favor after tapping out like a little bitch a minute and a half into the first round.

Lesnar is younger. You could say he's stonger. But Lesnar has still only fought 3 fights. I'll say it again..3 fights.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Lesnar fan. Hell I even drank beer with the guy at a farm- kegger in Delano.

Like I was saying I think this fight was set up purely for rating purposes. Kudos to Dana White. I really just don't think he's qualified to even fight Couture and I'm just sick of hearing people riding his nutts because he's from Minnesota and he unanimously won one fight against Heath Herring. Whoop-E.

Comment

If it goes 5 rounds then I think Randy will win cuz of better strategy and it'll be a snore-fest. But I think Lesnar should know he needs to explode and go after it and not think about the score card and just for the finish. He can't use the same game plan against Heath on Randy cuz it'll turn out just like the Couture-Sylvia fight. I don't think 45 year old Randy could handle Lesnar's power and speed if he comes at him all out like he did against Mir. If Lesnar could do that the first two rounds then there wouldn't be a third.

And Fedor would KILL Randy if they ever do get to fight.. a good example to look at is that they both fought Tim Sylvia.. Randy out fought him for 5 rounds and got the decision.. Fedor FINISHED him in 36 seconds! That guy is a bad ass. Yes I know Sylvia is an ass clown but I still think its a good example.

Comment

I say Lesnar wins do due too much blood on Randys face and his coly-flowered (SP) ear will be hanging.

Comment

Lesnar only having 3 fights? LOl I bet that boy has been getting in fights all his life. And the Mir fight was a fluke, I for one would like to see a rematch.

Comment

Im gonna take on Joe Rogan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                            Lesnar only having 3 fights?.

Well obviously you need to brushen up on your research, either that or your math. He's 2-1 in the octagon and last time I checked 2 + 1 = 3.

LOl I bet that boy has been getting in fights all his life.
                            You're entitled to your opinion. But let me ask you this, would YOU want to fight him? Probably not. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't been getting in fights all of his life. Who in their right fucking mind would try and fight him?

And the Mir fight was a fluke,
                            The Mir fight was a fluke? A win is a win. Lesnar was whoopin the shit out of him and couldn't close (due to lack of experience) and then all Mir did was tie him up and submit him. So I'd say your boy was the fluke in that particular fight if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                              Im gonna take on Joe Rogan!!
                              I'd like to bitchslap Joe Rogan!

Comment

Working...
                              X