Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 Cobalt traps 105 stock

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/26/g...vailable-2009/

That's stock LS1 F-body territory. The ET wasn't that great (low 14s) cuz even he admitted he sucks at launching FWD. But that's pretty good for a little 4 popper. They switched to the turbo Ecotec for 08. Hey Joe maybe you should get rid of your little Jap hybrid and get a Cobalt. You can have performance and still get 30+ mpg for around $20k.

I think that engine would go great in the new camaro and get 30mpg put 30lbs. of boost in it and it might be another story.

Comment

V-6 with a turbo would be a good combo in the new camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Toys View Post
        V-6 with a turbo would be a good combo in the new camaro
        I agree.

The turbo 3.8 package from the Buick GN worked quite nicely in the Firebird back in '89. If I remember correctly, that combo produced the quickest of the factory F-body cars. Plus, the Buick turbo 3.8 package weighs about 150 pounds less than a cast-iron small-block Chevy, and when mounted in an F-body or G-body, the entire engine sits behind the ball-joints. This gives the turbo V6 F-body a nice handling bonus over the V8-powered versions - as it does in the G-body. I expect that 20 years of improvement in the technology would make the package even better.

For instance.....

Buick's new all-forged, aluminum-block 3.6L V6 with the quad cams & variable valve timing was designed for large amounts of boost and was also designed to have a broad powerband without boost. In normally-aspirated trim, over 90% of it's maximum torque is available from 1500 RPM to redline, which is around 6100 RPM. A few years back, Buick's Zeta-based concept car had a twin-turbo version that supposedly belted out 450 HP in pollution-controlled trim. I'd think a new Camaro with that setup would be a lot of fun. Come to think of it - damn near anything with that setup would be a lot of fun....
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
        X