Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Craft Nats...how many more will we see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Craft Nats...how many more will we see?

I know this is but I was wondering why the Car Craft Nats seemed to get smaller and smaller. This older article may offer a few clues...

http://forums.carcraft.com/70/681417...mad/index.html

I have gone to alot of CC shows in the past but none of them have ever been as good as 1977 and things got out of hand on the streets of st. paul. In 1979 CC came to the area again with the Cruising USA but the then club MSMA told everyone to go up to Bp area back then known as Village North as CC was coming to take pictures and what happened after that was well, Kind of a riot. Along comes the 90's and CC returns but it has not been as good as in the past and alot has to do with different age groups newer cars different tastes in cars and so on.

I am sure some day some new a trend will come along and sweep the nation and everyone will be in on a new style of cruzin, Who knows might be the CC Electric Car Natonals when all the oil is gone.

It was a good show this year but after going to BTT 50's yes CC is smaller and I think that 45$ prereg. is one of the keys as BTT 50's is still 25$ prereg. so price does play a part for some and just not being interested is another. I did see one car a black pinto that was tubbed and has a tunnel ram 302 in and I had not seen that car since the early 80's and wouldn't you know it was the same owner but his son was driving it.

Comment

1977 was 30+ years ago...

get with the times old man!

Comment

I dont usually go since there is to much junk there

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
          I have gone to alot of CC shows in the past but none of them have ever been as good as 1977 and things got out of hand on the streets of st. paul. In 1979 CC came to the area again with the Cruising USA but the then club MSMA told everyone to go up to Bp area back then known as Village North as CC was coming to take pictures and what happened after that was well, Kind of a riot. Along comes the 90's and CC returns but it has not been as good as in the past and alot has to do with different age groups newer cars different tastes in cars and so on.

I am sure some day some new a trend will come along and sweep the nation and everyone will be in on a new style of cruzin, Who knows might be the CC Electric Car Natonals when all the oil is gone.

It was a good show this year but after going to BTT 50's yes CC is smaller and I think that 45$ prereg. is one of the keys as BTT 50's is still 25$ prereg. so price does play a part for some and just not being interested is another. I did see one car a black pinto that was tubbed and has a tunnel ram 302 in and I had not seen that car since the early 80's and wouldn't you know it was the same owner but his son was driving it.
          The riot was during the National Street Rod Association Nationals. I was there sitting in front of John Hagan's hardware store when the trucks showed up with all kinds of cops in riot gear. They lined up elbow to elbow and started making there way down Snelling towards University. Some cop in a helmet and a stick about 5 feet long told me to get the hell out of there...which I readily did. The Street Rod Nats said they would NEVER return to St. Paul and they haven't.

I think one of the reasons a lot of people don't go to CC is because if your car isn't:
          a. mopar
          b. camaro
          c. mustang
          then it isn't accepted by many people who go to this show. I heard more negative comments than positive ones while standing around the few down and dirty hotrods (50s and earlier) that were there. Nobody wants to have people saying "what's this piece of shit doing here" when they've put just as much work into it as anybody else has...just different work.

I like camaros, mopars and mustangs...I OWNED an 89 Firebird...but when you see a continuous blocks of them all done nearly the same, it gets boring for me quickly.

I have gone to this show since it started because I like to hang out with the many people I know out there. Not so much for the cars anymore. And since they close at 6pm, I can only make it one day most of the time and there's NO WAY I'm spending $45 for one day. All that said...I highly doubt they will stop doing this show or move it. Minnesota's fairgrounds is a highly desirable location.
          Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

I guess I still remember the hell that was at the Street machine nats. then, same thing tons of cops hitting people watering down the streets and just plain mean.

Comment

Originally posted by akromix View Post
              1977 was 30+ years ago...

get with the times old man!
              punk ass kid:rlol: Wait let me correct that, Drunk punk ass kid

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                punk ass kid:rlol: Wait let me correct that, Drunk punk ass kid
                Eventually he'll be a drunk punk ass old man.
                Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

Surprisingly I have cut down quite a bit. I drink maybe 2-3 times a month now...if that.

Comment

Working...
                  X