Pain at the pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fangled View Post
    You do understand where most of the money you pay at the pump goes right?

I'll give you a hint...most of it doesn't go to the producer of the fuel.
    ok, where does the money go then mr fandango????? hurry up and answer cuz i gotta go clubbin'..........

Comment

I really have no idea what to say to your post. It is full of some of the most out of whack shit I have ever read. Gas consumption isn't going to go down, that isn't the solution to rising gas prices. If you think it is, then you really need to re look at everything going on. Shit...if we were drilling in all the places that the oil companies WANT to drill at perhaps we'd have lower gas prices. But let's not forget other things such as refineries and such, and all the different formulas for gasolines across the country. But yeah, lowering consumption is the key. Perhaps we should stop shipping goods cross country too.

sooner or later it will all run out. and left to whose in charge of it now, the price will only go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        lol.

It all boils down to choice.

For me...I have a Camaro SS that runs high 11's on 17" dr's and 92 pump gas. I prefer to run with the exact tires & equipment as I drive everyday. Unlike some people who run a few 10ths quicker but have to use race gas, slicks and skinneys or take headlights and seats out to get their quicker times and then brag about it. If that works for them, then that's their choice...it doesn't work for me and I'm not impressed. On a spirited weekend of driving, I get 20 mpg.

As far as driving the suv? I treat myself to drive something nice and don't appreciate people trying to make me feel like I'm funding terrorists by using a few extra gallons of gas. Some people spend a helluva lot more on cigarettes, booze and engines than what I spend on a few gals of gas. It's their right to do so...no different than my right.

A good debate is good for reading isn't it?
        do you have twin turbo's too.........

Comment

A jeep wrangler is hardly an econo box. Now...if we're talking festiva or metro or suzuki swift then we're talking econo box. I have a festiva...it currently has a larger displacement engine in it along with a turbo setup being fabricated. I couldn't settle for a turbo geo like I originally planned as having custom rods and pistons made ended up costing way too much. Mazda engine it is!

I'll probably end up dying in it. lol
          LOL i gotta see that thing. :lol:

Comment

Working...
          X