Orange88 goes mid 13's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope never said I was going....

Next time I will be racing is Sept 5, 6 and 7th. At the track anyway..

Yea but your right its broke my air cond is locked up last weekend but it's under warrenty so its getting fixed..

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
      Nope never said I was going....

Next time I will be racing is Sept 5, 6 and 7th. At the track anyway..

Yea but your right its broke my air cond is locked up last weekend but it's under warrenty so its getting fixed..
      air?????? thats for daily drivers, not bad ass camaro's...... sept. is long off, why not sooner????

Comment

who else is there and can anyone call their cell and get us some update's??????

Comment

Well I called Torflight 2x's but no answer to see what happened at Pinks so maybe no news is good news?

I sent a text to waterbug, but it didn't go through.. I told him to text me when he ran a nine and I haven't got one yet....

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
            air?????? thats for daily drivers, not bad ass camaro's...... sept. is long off, why not sooner????
            I need my air...

Yea, I don't care to race at the track in the summer to much other stuff going on and the air sucks for running a best time, which is all I am after anywho... and I work every other weekend so it makes for a short summer the way it is.

Comment

k..... thx's.......

Comment

Update, he went 10.74 @130. looks like his car is catching up to his mouth lol

Comment

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
                  Update, he went 10.74 @130. looks like his car is catching up to his mouth lol
                  very nice, he must have broken down and put on some slicks, prop's again to mike. he's givin' it hell.......

Comment

LOL at you guys. He ran those times on the same nittos he ran the 13s on. The track was alot better today and the altitude was very good as well. Also waterbug lost his hood on his way to a solid mid-low 10 pass. Got video of it too! Lots and lots of very cool cars there this year, more than i have seen in a long time.
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                      Well I called Torflight 2x's but no answer to see what happened at Pinks so maybe no news is good news?
                      Talked to him yesterday, they had the classes narrowed down to a 9. something to 9.85, and a 10. something to a 10.5 or so.

He was running 9.88's on spray and 10.3's on the motor. They ended up choosing the 10-10.5 class, but he was already locked in at 9.88. Missed the cut. The green Nova was running 9.85's and would have made it in if they chose that class over the 10's.

He'll follow up with more details I'm sure chronicling his adventures in the armpit of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Grr View Post
                        LOL at you guys. He ran those times on the same nittos he ran the 13s on. The track was alot better today and the altitude was very good as well. Also waterbug lost his hood on his way to a solid mid-low 10 pass. Got video of it too! Lots and lots of very cool cars there this year, more than i have seen in a long time.
                        Gary
                        k.......vey nice, how many ten's then or the times for today??

Comment

Originally posted by Grr View Post
                          Gary
                          Well post it up as I was there and did not see it so if you have video get it up on you tube. But the fact remains 10.74 with 1000hp then it is still a pooch.
                          I did video the 11.8 run that i know happened.

Comment

Considering a bone stock Z06 (~450 rwhp) has gone 10.9 @ 130, I'm not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
                              Considering a bone stock Z06 (~450 rwhp) has gone 10.9 @ 130, I'm not impressed.
                              Maybe at sea level... Not in MN it hasn't. BIR is 1400' alt.

Comment

Congrats to Orange for running 10's @ 130.

By the way...unless they've elevated the track, BIR is 1200 ft elevation not 1400. Not a major difference, but 200 ft is 200 ft. It actually doesn't mean alot because a turbocharged engine isn't as affected by elevation as a naturally aspirated motor.

http://www.chasinracin.com/track-loc...=2&trackID=762

And...I agree with hotcivic that the Z06 running 10's @ 130 is impressive---even if it was at sea-level.

Comment

Working...
                                X