Would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you?

My car has gained over 150lb w the new modds and Im trying to figure out how to shed some pounds.

My first thought was the wheel wells hoping I would lose 45lbs or so.

THoughts?

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
    My car has gained over 150lb w the new modds and Im trying to figure out how to shed some pounds.

THoughts?
    hmmmm..... don't think that i could chop up a 67 camaro...... back seats, rims, light weight front end suspension pieces, fiberglass front clip, windows...

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post

THoughts?
      I look a t it this way with the power boost that you are going to have is it really worth it to strip the car down and make more of a drag car out of it
      I say not. I did that to my camaro and now I wish it had the heater and all the rest of the stuff to put it back on the street. You will have plenty o' power to offset that 150lbs. oh by the way you lose MPH by taking out the front wheel wells I prover it back in the 70's to some guys.

Comment

You could drop some decent weight if you switched from your leaf spring set up to a coil over one. Put your Kirkey back in for the track,run only one bottle,aluminum center section for the 9",...um clean out the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by NewAgeOutlaw View Post
          You could drop some decent weight if you switched from your leaf spring set up to a coil over one. Put your Kirkey back in for the track,run only one bottle,aluminum center section for the 9",...um clean out the trunk
          Trunk is clean. I prob will pull a bottle, Im not going to run a big shot right away w the fi setup. I am keeping one kirkey for the track.

How much you think I will lose by going coil over?

Comment

With my guesstimator set on "talking out of my ass" I'd say 50-60 lbs

Call John at TNT he'd be able to nail it down for ya!

Comment

If you really want to lose some pounds call weight watchers jk

anyways take out your backseats with the belts, take out the gas tank and put in a fuel cell. Change out your suspension that takes off alot of pounds then if you really want to spend some money change out your drive train with all aluminum parts with all of this you should lose at least 200 to 300 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike View Post
                If you really want to lose some pounds call weight watchers jk

anyways take out your backseats with the belts, take out the gas tank and put in a fuel cell. Change out your suspension that takes off alot of pounds then if you really want to spend some money change out your drive train with all aluminum parts with all of this you should lose at least 200 to 300 pounds
                Pretty sure you havent see my car, no back seats, no full gas tank, I can do alot of alum stuff but that cost money and I need to focus on finishing the blower stuff first.

Comment

Working...
                X