Ok need some help guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok need some help guys

I just put a cam in the mustang with new lifters, springs, had my heads done and shaved and also got new push rods. But now when we put every thing back together some of my rockers have alot of play in them. They are as tight as you can get them and some of them you can wiggle around but then again some of them are tight as they should be

they will have a little side to side play i think. Mine do, as long as the pushrod doesnt move up and down and there is drag on it when you try to spin with your fingers

Comment

but thats the thing I understand that there should be alittle play but Im talking about you can really move these things around but no the push rod is still in place and plus you can hear the tick from miles away

Comment

5speedfox is right the side play is ok but if you have clearance with the vavle lash on a hyd. cam then there will be nose and it will beat the crap out of things and that goes double if it's a roller cam as they do not like to be unloaded. Best to wait untill you have someone elses eyes on it if you are unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike View Post
          but thats the thing I understand that there should be alittle play but Im talking about you can really move these things around but no the push rod is still in place and plus you can hear the tick from miles away
          Mike is this a flat tappet cam or a roller?

Comment

Tick when running?How much movement is ALOT? lol

Comment

I think its a roller Im not at home right now so I dont have the spec sheet but Its from crane cams OH wait Im pretty sure its a roller. When I say alot of play I mean you can move it side to side and even up and down alittle bit

Comment

its hard to explain you will just have to see how bad it is but I do know that it is way to much play

Comment

you shouldn't be able to move it up and down that means you can move the pushrod up and down too

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike View Post
                    I think its a roller Im not at home right now so I dont have the spec sheet but Its from crane cams OH wait Im pretty sure its a roller. When I say alot of play I mean you can move it side to side and even up and down alittle bit
                    If it's a roller and I am not sure on a ford but are the rockers an adjustable or are they just tq. down to a spec.?

Comment

adjustable

Comment

its torque

Comment

If they are tq' then your pushrods may be the wrong length did you mill the heads?

Comment

stock rockers or rr's lol?

Comment

stock i really should get roller rockers tho

Comment

Working...
                              X