• Show
Clear All

3.53 at rice st. and maryland.........

Comment

3.49 in elbow lake mn

Comment

WOW just jumped to 3.85 down in my area

Comment

bull shit glen, I am sorry and i hate to hype a honda, last week, city and highway combined milage........44mpg........ this is not bullshit, it's true and i have been keeping a log and you are welcome to see it. saw a hybrid chevy today and it looked nice but 30mpg for the hwy........ ain't got enuf........lmfao...... plus i bet i'd put car lenght's on it at the track..........lol

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
            bull shit glen, I am sorry and i hate to hype a honda, last week, city and highway combined milage........44mpg........ this is not bullshit, it's true and i have been keeping a log and you are welcome to see it. saw a hybrid chevy today and it looked nice but 30mpg for the hwy........ ain't got enuf........lmfao...... plus i bet i'd put car lenght's on it at the track..........lol

Ricer :lol:

Comment

oh, pymt, 210.00..........hehehehe, huge down pymt. cuz i am cool.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                Ricer :lol:
                rice king........ all i need is a huge ass aluminum wing, double stack........ oh and some naaaaaawwwwww'ssssssss...........lmfao

Comment

Gas was $3.78 in fridley today

Comment

3.81 south st.paul

Comment

and just for glen ...... 44.8 mpg for the hybrid this past week........ joe 44.8, glen's gas guzzling suburban 14.0..... gas guzzling camaro 10.0..... joe's blown cobra motor...0.0..... ouch........lmfao......

Comment

LOL. That's pretty funny.

Go ahead and enjoy driving your 110 hp Civic and I'll enjoy driving the LTZ Tahoe with 20s. Not sure where you're getting the 14 mpg.

It's worth it to me to be able to tow the boat to any lake I want and then tow the race car to whatever track I want in comfort for about $150 more per month than what you pay in gas.

IMO, paying extra in fuel to drive what I want isn't much different than paying extra to live in a 3000 sq ft house instead of a 900 sq ft. It just depends on what you want.

Of course if you consider $150 a lot of money, then I can understand. lol

Here's some math for you.

110hp Honda

10000 mi per yr @ 44 mpg (not 40 or 37 mpg...let's use Joe's 44mpg).
                        = 227.27 gal x $3.85 per gal = $874.99 annual fuel cost.

320hp Tahoe LTZ

10000 mi per yr @ Joe's 14 mpg (not 16.5 mpg I'm actually getting) = 714.28 gal x $3.85 per gal = $2749.98 annual fuel cost.

$2749.98 - $874.99 = $1874.99 divided by 12 months = $156.25 per month more.

Like I said before, if $150 bucks is going to put you in a financial hardship, then I can understand why one would opt to drive an econobox.

Comment

actually to me and my situation with the wife not working it is a lot of money. and also with that shit 4.6L in the mustang I need as much money as possible. But also the price of fuel will never go back down unless we all cut down on useage and even then the oil co. will come up with something to keep the price high. and if ford would've made a decent hybrid i would of bought it. The american car co's. have totally dropped the ball. What are they waiting for????? The price of gas was too high at 1.75 per gallon. They should all have decent hybrid's to sell by now. Plus ya know I have a truck for towing made by the best truck maker in america.........lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                            actually to me and my situation with the wife not working it is a lot of money. and also with that shit 4.6L in the mustang I need as much money as possible. But also the price of fuel will never go back down unless we all cut down on useage and even then the oil co. will come up with something to keep the price high. and if ford would've made a decent hybrid i would of bought it. The american car co's. have totally dropped the ball. What are they waiting for????? The price of gas was too high at 1.75 per gallon. They should all have decent hybrid's to sell by now. Plus ya know I have a truck for towing made by the best truck maker in america.........lmfao
                            IMO, the hybrids are more of a marketing ploy than what's the best value. It's obvious that their marketing works because a limited number of people only see the mpg and buy them mainly for that reason. However...when you figure out the TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP, the hybrids aren't the best value. If that were the case, everybody would be buying them.

I've talked with a number of people from Toyota and privately they say a Corolla is a better value than a Prius. They say comparing the two...it would take FOUR YEARS to see a price advantage over a Corolla. They aren't going to say it publicly because they can sell every Prius they can get their hands on.

Again...Honda and Toyota build hybrids for people who feel they are helping out the environment or can only see the mpg rather than THE TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP.

I compare the logic to a person who is only interested in trade-in allowance...not the bottom line price.

Dealer A.
                            Price........... $23,000
                            Trade-in:........$8,000
                            Difference:....$15,000

Dealer B
                            Price............$26,000
                            Trade-in.......$10,000
                            Difference.....$16,000

The guy took the deal from dealer B because they were only interested in getting $10,000 for their trade-in and ended up paying $1,000 more.

If you're happy with your new Civic, then that's all that should matter. You won't see this guy driving one because there are better alternatives out there.

Comment

Here's another point of view for ya...it's not from 2008, but serves a good point.

CONSIDERING A hybrid car? Don't rush out to the dealership just yet.

It's not that we don't want to do our part to help protect the environment. We're all for burning less fossil fuel. Financial experts argue, however, that hybrid drivers are paying too high a premium for a vehicle that offers only marginally better fuel efficiency than the other economy cars already on the road. And as the government starts to roll back its tax incentives for hybrids next year — a $2,000 tax deduction will be incrementally phased out by 2007 — these cars will stretch wallets even further.
                              "If you're looking at your pocket, you're not gaining anything there anytime soon," says Gabriel Shenhar, senior auto test engineer for Consumer Reports. It's wise, he says, to wait until auto makers improve hybrids' powertrains and bring prices more into alignment with regular models.
                              Where's the Savings?
                              Sure, hybrids are cheap compared with a $55,000 Cadillac Escalade. But if you compare them with their counterparts — economy cars — you could end up coughing up anywhere from 25% to 30% more at the dealership and not save much at the pump. Consumer Reports compared the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid model, which gets 36 miles per gallon and sells for roughly $21,000, with the 2003 Honda Civic EX, which gets 29 miles per gallon and sells for an average of $18,500. The results? Not including the tax break (which would vary depending on one's income), it would take you 21 1/2 years in gas savings to pay back the extra money you initially laid out for the hybrid, says Consumer Reports' Shenhar. With the tax break, it would still take four years to break even.

Here's some more bad news. The folks at Edmunds.com predict that hybrids will depreciate faster than other models. Why? Auto makers are improving the hybrid powertrain so quickly that it's unlikely that in a few years a driver in the used-car market will want to purchase a hybrid with early technology. Already it's pretty hard to see why someone would buy a 2003 Toyota Prius when they could have the 2004 model, which handles better, has more power and gets much better mileage.

Comment

I know all cars have problems, but what are you going to do when and if this happens to yours? Also...what are you going to do when the warranty expires? I assume you DID buy an extended warranty, right?

This seems to be a consistent issue with these cars. IMO, there are still too many unknowns on these cars...

Taken from Hybrid car forums...

My 2007 Civic Hybrid had 3000 miles on it when the IMA, Battery and Engine lights came on. I first checked the codes (I bought a scanner and the service manual) and found P0A3F and P15A5 showing. This pertains to the Motor Rotor Current Sensor Malfunction. When I turned off the ignition and turned it back on, the IMA and Battery lights went out but the engine light stayed on. I took it to the dealer and they looked at it. I told them the codes I found and they worked on it for awhile and couldn't reproduce the problem. It was late Saturday and they aren't open on Sunday so I told them I would be back Monday. They said Tuesday because they wanted the same technician to work on it. Okay, that sounded fair to me. Monday I talked with the Service Manager at the dealer to verify the things that I was told. He confirmed everything, so I have no problem with that. The Service Manager said they just don't have many problems with the Hybrids, so the Techs haven't seen many problems.
                                After taking the car back Tuesday, they couldn't reproduce the problem but they cleared the codes and they called Honda support for help. Honda said they have seen the problem and to replace the Motor Current Sensor. But of course I would have to wait for the part. In the meantime, I did everything I could to make the problem come back. Finally, on the third day of driving around, it happened again and now it seems to be happening more often. So tomorrow it goes into the shop to replace the sensor. The only bad thing I can think of is that they have to remove the transmission to replace the sensor. I'll keep you posted on the situation. I did read in one of the forums that others have had this problem on the 2007 so there may be a common problem developing on the 2007's. Also the Service Manager said it was okay to drive the car without the IMA working (it fail safes itself). But it's not recommended for any length of time.

Hi everyone! I recently had the exact the same problem with the IMA sensor on my 07 civic hybrid. I took my car in last wednesday, and Honda has had it with them ever since. In the process of fixing my car, the honda techs managed to damage one of my axles I am expecting a phone call from them today to pick the car up. I'm real about this because this is the first car I've purchased on my own, and after 3000 miles, a sensor and an axle have been replaced. I am tempted to trade it in for a new one given the circumstances. But if the car, as Guy has described it, has had little or no problems since the repair, then ill keep it. I have extended warranty and everything, but I didn't expect that I would have to invoke it 6 months into the car's purchase.

I have a 2007 Civic Hybrid bought in November 2006 with the Navigation package. I have 19K miles and the IMA and battery lights have come on three times in two weeks (the electric motor then fails to work). I've taken it to the dealer in Cary, NC and they report that Honda says to clear the error and send me on my way. I think this is ridiculous. So the lights are on again and we are going back to the dealer. Is there a recall on this problem? It sounds like multiple people are having the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X