Have you ever heard of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever heard of this

I was working on my cousin's 5.0 mustang. I just had it running in the garage checking fuel pressure. I then shut it off checked the radiator hose and removed the radiator cap and set it on the battery. I then walked over to the pass side of car and removed my fuel pressure gauge. I then walked by the drivers side and at that moment antifreeze just blew out of the radiator and just covered me with fluid. ouch

weird.. never heard of such a thing happening..

maybe its mad because you dont have a ford

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

thermostat must have opened and gave out a bubble...... thats funny, but that shit itches... lucky you didn't get some in your eye's.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
        thermostat must have opened and gave out a bubble...... thats funny, but that shit itches... lucky you didn't get some in your eye's.
        I did get it in my right eye. but washed it out right away.

Comment

Yes, I have had this happen to me, the situation was somewhat different but the results were the same.

I got a pretty good burn on my arm from it, no scar but it hurt like a bitch for a while.

Always be very careful when you open a cooling system after the engine has been run, even if it was only running for just a short time.

Hope you are O.K. and all things are good,

Comment

just burnt a little on my face and arm. luckly my wife said she did not marry me for my looks.

Comment

Yeah, be careful, I seen a guy in the ER that was really messed up from doing that.

Comment

coolant burn is the worst

Comment

Watched one time as Jan Salsman went to open up the cap on his vette and POW it let go on him. I dragged him to the back yard sprayed him with the hose then took him to the ER the doctor said it was good we got water on him right away as he would have had some nasty burns.

I did the same things[like a dummy] years later car was 260 degrees moved the cap and right in the face but it was dead ass cold, The stat had not opened yet sure scared the crap out of me.

Comment

Damn air pockets... makes me not want to have a stat in there... how you feeling now Steve?

Comment

I always drill a small hole in the thermostat (if it don't already have one) to help keep any air pockets from forming and help bleed air out of a newly filled system.

Comment

burns healing pride hurt forever.

Comment

Originally posted by UL_LUZ98 View Post
                          burns healing pride hurt forever.
                          ready to give it another go? at the stang that is.......

Comment

.....not the exploding coolant.

Comment

Working...
                            X