Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That there's an RV CLARK!!! "

Welp I took the plunge

Seen it at a consignement lot, turns out it was someone in our family.. Huh who knew...

Got to order up a 7000lb hitch and it should be good to go to hit the track...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...askacamper.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...517429_3_b.jpg

Looks like a pretty good condition Itasca. I've worked on a few of them and they seem to be a pretty good rv from what i've seen. If you ever have any problems with it, pm me. i work as an RV tech over the summers, so i either will be able to help you or will be able to get you in contact with someone who can.

Comment

Yea that is my biggest fear is the nickel and dime crap with these things, it was well taken care of and with only 44K on it so hopefully it will be good to go, but water heater, furnace and fridge and stuffs like that scare me. I may have to get another Honda gen to power the roof air. But if we take it camping then we will just plug it in so no big whoop.

Thanks for the help, I have to find ONE hub cap for the pass side but that shouldn't be to hard. I think it could use a new set of plugs, wires and prob a cap I will have to have my mechanic look it over.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
        Yea that is my biggest fear is the nickel and dime crap with these things, it was well taken care of and with only 44K on it so hopefully it will be good to go, but water heater, furnace and fridge and stuffs like that scare me. I may have to get another Honda gen to power the roof air. But if we take it camping then we will just plug it in so no big whoop.

Thanks for the help, I have to find ONE hub cap for the pass side but that shouldn't be to hard. I think it could use a new set of plugs, wires and prob a cap I will have to have my mechanic look it over.
        what motor??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by 93NotchLX View Post
          Looks like a pretty good condition Itasca. I've worked on a few of them and they seem to be a pretty good rv from what i've seen. If you ever have any problems with it, pm me. i work as an RV tech over the summers, so i either will be able to help you or will be able to get you in contact with someone who can.
          how much to have you come down and check out my rv, geneator needs to be looked at, I think it is a relay or something but it draws power and drains the battery, I am lost with this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
            what motor??
            threefidy..

Seems to have as much power as the van or a hair less, but probably no more going 85 on the interstate..

Comment

nice find speedo....so how bout Pinks now?

Comment

All right... the party camper!!!

Hey, you going to switch over the yellow light?

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                  nice find speedo....so how bout Pinks now?

Nope I didn't get registered and I would have to take like 36 hours vacation just to go watch and be wishen I could run..

Good luck hope one of you guys make it to the final....

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                    All right... the party camper!!!

Hey, you going to switch over the yellow light?
                    Yep, now you going racing with us or what??

NO!! yellow light stays on the van its part of its character, along with all the rust ..

Comment

don't worry with the rv specific stuff. I started as a fulltime general tech 2 years ago (when I was 16), and its basically a learn as you go thing. For me the problem was that the rv field has just about no consistency with parts, everything seems to be different on every damn model. You'd think that for example, a water pump would be located under the bed in all models by a certain manufacturer, but sure enough, most of them are different But like i was saying, when I started out it was a learn as you go thing, and I didn't have any help because the guy that was telling me what do didn't know shit, was just a sales guy. So I just took my time and picked up on everything really quick, and its not as tough as it first seems, and this is coming from someone who has replaced water heaters, fridges, etc..

My biggest piece of advice would be to go through every function of the rv while you have it at home to find all of the problems. This way you will find any problems before you hit the road and you need any one part of the RV and it doesn't work. The dealer where I work does a full 25+ point check of all fuctions of an rv and fixes any problems before a unit is sold. So basically turn the propane on, go through all propane powered functions, check all propane lines for leaks, turn on generator (only operates off of main tank when main tank is over half full), and go through all of the electrical functions, then flush the water tank and fill it and go through water functions, then hook to a hose and go through water functions.

If you want me to make an entire list lemme know and i'll put one together from what I remember and PM it to you.

Comment

Yep, now you going racing with us or what??

NO!! yellow light stays on the van its part of its character, along with all the rust ..
                        Im fine with my tent bro...

Comment

Nice RV Clark!

:lol:
                          www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
                          Green four door Chevy

Comment

That movie fucken rulz...., I am going to actually hang that in there..

Comment

You better go with us to BIR for SNG and MCS..

Comment

Working...
                              X