Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Porkys shuts down...

So what's the plan?

Are people just going to wait until the inevitable happens? Or will there be a backup plan?

I haven't seen the new location on Central, but from what I remember about that area, there's not much room over there. Of course there's not much room at the current location.

I say we open up a sonic drive in the food is good and we could kick out all the morrons
    I'm in for a dollar:lol: who else wants in

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      So what's the plan?

Are people just going to wait until the inevitable happens? Or will there be a backup plan?

I haven't seen the new location on Central, but from what I remember about that area, there's not much room over there. Of course there's not much room at the current location.

More details? whats up?

Comment

I dunno...don't you get the feeling that the days are numbered there?
        It's just a number of things that seem weird there.

For example, I saw a couple ladies pull up in a Miata or something. They went in and ordered and brought their food out to the car and as soon as they started eating, the lights went out. They looked kinda confused because it was 11:40. Then the guy pulls up in a Rendezvous or something and walked by and said it was time to leave.

I told them they should go because the people could be jerks to them. These ladies were just there to buy food and enjoy the atmosphere. Don't know why you'd run them away. Pretty sure they wouldn't be coming back. Why on earth would they?

It's about the only place where a paying customer gets run away. I know I know, many just park there and don't buy anything, but there has to be a better way to run that joint. Maybe they could give away some of those shakes that cause "difficulties"

Comment

Porky's

PORKY'S
          Ever been there when police on horsebacks closed University down? YUPPER. I have.
          There is a SONIC opening in ELK RIVER this year where the old BURGER TIME was. What's that all about? 1st one in MN. As long as burnin rubba is in da air.

Comment

I've not heard that Porkys is planning on shutting down. I never heard why Andy's garage down the block closed. The old folks home they put at University and Fairview may not have helped either place though. Light rail down University will happen eventually and that alone would be a buzzkill on the car action. I agree a backup sight needs to be established? North Saint Paul and Hastings have decent weekend get togethers

Comment

Pizza shop is a cool place but only on certain days and its a straight up family place plus nothing happens too late. I think I just talked my self out of that place.

Comment

I dont think Porky's is going to close for a long time. They even have a new Porky's on 18 1/2 and central ave. in norf' east mpls.

Comment

Porky's SHOULD be shut down for serving those gut wrenching milkshakes. Holy crap I thought I was going to die after I had one of those.

Comment

porkys won't close, they'll just kick out all the street racers....... and all will be quiet.....everytime i go there a bunch of fools are revving their engines and doing burn outs...... the home owners and seniors don't like that.......

Comment

everytime i go there a bunch of fools are revving their engines and doing burn outs...... the home owners and seniors don't like that.......
                      Thats the problem. Theres a time and a place to let it hang out and in todays climate Porkys ain't one of em. Unfortunately some people don't grasp that.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                        porkys won't close, they'll just kick out all the street racers....... and all will be quiet.....everytime i go there a bunch of fools are revving their engines and doing burn outs...... the home owners and seniors don't like that.......
                        Seniors? Like you?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                          Seniors? Like you?
                          you are older than I....lmfao:lol:

Comment

Yeah but...well er uh

Comment

Ya but his wife lets him out to play unlike your wifey, grandpa.

Comment

Working...
                              X