Powercruise 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powercruise 2017

It's that time to beat the crap out of your car weekend at BIR. Since I do not have any sort of road course car I am going up Sat. to watch and maybe catch a ride or two. I will miss the twisties with the old Z but maybe next year I will have something newer to go up there with.

can't make it this year

Comment

I went up Friday and had a great time watching, then got my ride along band and rode with my old manager Roy's Nova and it was a blast. Roy and Kenny went head to head a few times on the straights and Roy came out ahead every time but to be fair to Kenny's Nova with John's 396 it was corked up with mufflers and Roy had open headers, for sure BB Chevy's do not like back pressure. Roy's new 502 goes pretty good and was spinning the 14" wide baloney's pretty easy, some dude with an 03 cobra challenged him down the drag strip from a 30 roll and Roy was door handle to door handle with the old slobra. I want to thank Roy and John for all their hospitality and food on Friday also. Would have liked to stay for the whole weekend buy had to get back for racing at The Grove 1/8" with Brad Hesslund, we got their and the timing equipment was out so no racing, that sucked. I will build something for Powercruise next year with one of my small blocks that are now just taking up space in the grage.

Comment

Glad you had a good time. Roy, Jon and Kenny are neat people. Dan Olson had his new Camaro up there. Too bad about Brad not getting to race at Grove. At least you tried to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Glad you had a good time. Roy, Jon and Kenny are neat people. Dan Olson had his new Camaro up there. Too bad about Brad not getting to race at Grove. At least you tried to help out.
          What does Dan have?

Comment

He bought a new black Camaro 2SS and sold the old black Z28. Already put the Dan Olson trademark aftermarket black wheels and is running E85. Had it tuned, suspension mods, different seats. Said he got it up to 150 on straightaway.

Comment

150 that's pretty good but it's no ZO6. I remember when I went for a ride in Dave's C6 ZO6 and it was 165mph bone stock, pretty good for a car with no direct injection and now is considered old school. I bet the new ZL1 is going to be something with the LT4 tuned and on E85. There was one Black C6 ZO6 out there that was tuned with headers and he was running away from all the new cars, he even out ran the Ferrari that was there.

Comment

watched some on line videos from this year sure were some fast cars

Comment

Working...
                X