Power Cruise 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Cruise 2016

Gonna hate to miss it this year. Family reunion out of state.
    Hope the weather holds out for those who are going

I am getting ready now, hope it's not too hot this weekend.

Comment

Had had a good time Friday and Sat. This year they have 1/4" roll racing and if I had know that I would have run the Z in that. 3 cars burned on the track this year, the first one was a C6 ZR1. I did get to watch a GTR and Shelby GT500 go at it in the twist's and turns only to see the GT500 spin out trying to stay with that GTR on turn 4.

Had fun hanging out with Roy, Jon O, and their family's. Thanks for all the hospitality that displayed to me, I am grateful. I did break the car after the first run, I went around the track a few laps, the car while it seemed to run ok was a little slower this year, then it started to have a couple of hiccups. Went back to the pits, opened the hood to find my main feed of the back of the alt sitting on the exhaust manifold glowing red, OUCH, SHORT TO GROUND. I took the alt off and the bolt had worked its way out. I had brought just enough tools, it did take me a while but I did get it fixed so no new alt was needed. Well that must have done the job, after that I raced no less than 4 newer 98-09 Mustang GT's and trounce all of them. There was a nice kid there with a Hemi Charger that we went back and forth for like 3 laps and every time on the straights I was able to stay ahead of him by 1/2 a car. One kid had a turbo VW that was fast but I could hang door handle to door handle with him, the look on his face was priceless.

When he came over to talk he asked what was done to the Z, I said "except for the CIA and cutout it's stock", that sure did surprise him as he had headers, tune, high buck exhaust and a CIA on the Charger. Race 2 other LT1 cars and beat them both, I did beat an auto LS1 Camaro too boot. Maybe the alt has been a problem for a while and the car just zings up to 6500 faster now and really pulls well in 3rd and 4th gear. Was a fun weekend for sure.

Comment

guys I used to go to school with both blew up their motors this weekend. mustang motor I guess is completely locked up. the gto's got some sort of bad vibration in the lower end.

one day i'll make it up there.

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
        87 olds 442 - old mans ride
        355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

[QUOTE=smooth_358;46392]guys I used to go to school with both blew up their motors this weekend. mustang motor I guess is completely locked up. the gto's got some sort of bad vibration in the lower end.

one day i'll make it up there. QUOTE]

Wow, I was just going out on the track and saw that Mustang on the side where they let us out. I figured it had a problem, sorry the engine let go. The front on that GTO is different, is that a Holden car?

Comment

I think he just put the holden front and badges back on it.

I knew another guy that holdenized his gto also. He bought a new chevy ss, went and got all the holden stuff that was supposed to be on it, and the dealer installed it before he picked it up.

I guess I shouldn't say holdenized, as chevy rebadged it to bring it here in the first place.

-Aaron
            87 cutlass
            76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
            87 olds 442 - old mans ride
            355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Sounds like people had fun and some did not.

Comment

Working...
              X