Thinking about getting a TIG Welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting a TIG Welder

More times than not I have had a need for welding stuff. After having 2 MIG welders and 1 Arc welder I have decided to get myself a TIG welder. Right now Eastwood has a nice one that has a 60% duty cycle and the darn thing is less than $700 shipped to your door with a 3 year warranty. Anyone else have a TIG welder? or used one?

this is the very reason I bought my multi process welder. I have successfully tig welded one thing just to test it out, and I can say that i'm not very good at it anymore. only problem with my welder is I can't tig aluminum as its only DC. hopefully get some practice in this winter on some stainless, then start doing some turbo plumbing myself.

they are starting to come out with stick/mig/tig welders with ac/dc now, but they are pricey.

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

The one I am looking at from Eastwood is AC/DC and the duty cycle is way better than anything I was looking at prior. Would make for a nice Christmas present.

http://www.eastwood.com/tig200acdc.html

Comment

the numbers do look good on that machine for the money

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

AC/DC is good when it comes to welders or rock groups, but in other areas can be controversial.

Comment

What's that old line? bring over your AC so I can stick it up your DC.

Comment

I looked at the reviews on this and it was not too good. I am now looking at an ESSAB mig, tig and stick welder all in one.

Comment

that's what I ended up with, but mine is an everlast 251 mig/tig/stick. just no ac/dc for aluminum.

-Aaron
                87 cutlass
                76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

The one I am looking at also is AC/DC so I can weld aluminum, without that it's just another welder for me.

Comment

ya, esab and everlast both came out with a full multi process welder this year that includes the ac/dc tig functions. pricey, but they literally do everything you would need it to do.

everlast one is on sale still right now

https://www.everlastgenerators.com/p...ti-tig-package

i'm assuming you're looking at the esab 205ic?

http://www.esab.ca/ca/en/news/latest...-show-2017.cfm

-Aaron
                    87 cutlass
                    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Working...
                    X