Rock Falls Test day this Sat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls Test day this Sat.

Well I am going out in the heat to test the old maro. I swapped the SB for a BB so we will see what happens, I am sure it will be slower due to the heat but Glenn remembers when I laid one on Joe in the heat back in 05 so I am not too worried. The nice thing is that the last Muscle car race in next week and the temps are supposed to be in the 50's then I will know what the car does from really hot to really cold.

The weather was awful today, even with that I did get the car with a 7.98 compression 461 with little itty bitty intake ports to run 11.94@110.78 the best carb tested was the 850 Mighty Demon, although I will say that the Edelbroke 800 AVS was only .004 behind it. Neither carb had any tuning done to it, so who knows what it may have done.
    We will see what it runs next weekend in cooler air.

Kenny was out there with his Nova that had John's engine in it but he ran most of the day in the 12's

Comment

Impressive times for a lo-compression big block in horrible air. Edelbroke. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        Impressive times for a lo-compression big block in horrible air. Edelbroke. lol
        Thanks Glenn, I have a good friend that is a D/S auto 69 Camaro racer (Dan Zrust old car) and he has one of the PP engines in the car now. Al ran 11.39@115 but he has a 5K converter and 4.88 gears. Funny thing he used and old Torker like you have on the Chevelle, with a RPM Performer on that car with a 1"spacer it's likely to pickup 2 tenths. I did correct the 11.94 run to sea level and with good air it would go 11.46 that is if everything was perfect and the stars and the moon aligned right, but who knows. This Sunday is looking iffy now with rain moving in early so if that comes in too soon I may go out to the test day a week later. We will see what happens.

Comment

Was planning on going to the Muscle Car Race but when I got up at 4:30 AM it was raining hard here, so I do not like to load the car in the rain so I passed on going today. Looks like next Sat will be better.

Comment

Going out tomorrow as much as I am not a fan of bracket racing, but the 2 test days after that are real iffy for me. Next week I have to get ready for the Roasters swap meet and the Sat after that looks at this point to be rainy. The weather will be much better than last time out with temps starting out on the 40's but the barrow is still real low at 26.49, oh well you get what you get with the weather.

Comment

The weather was great and no one got to run until 2pm. By then half the cars left because they could not get the track dry. The place was a total cluster phuck. The people their don't have the right equipment to get the track ready to race in a short enough time. They could have either let the street cars race to get it dried off faster or do like they did when Glenn and I were there a few years ago and run the 1/8 mile, but no they just kept on phucking around. I left and wasted a lot of money and time with no results.

Comment

Again, went to the last test day to get a few runs in. No rain on the radar and outlook was dry all day, got to the track, starts raining, WTF, cannot these idiots predict weather, f-ing weather losers.

Comment

Well since racing season is over I pulled the turbo 400 for a freshen up, after all it's only been 25 years, guess it's time.

Comment

Ouch! Went to IL last weekend and to the track with brother. He broke his powerglide. Now taking it out and to TCI

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                      Ouch! Went to IL last weekend and to the track with brother. He broke his powerglide. Now taking it out and to TCI
                      Well that sucks, did he get any passes? your brother should go to a turbo 400. Yes they do take more power to run and around 30lbs. more weight but I will say after 25 years of use no broken parts. I broke my P/G in 94 and it's still on the shelf colleting dust, it was an A-1 P/G.

Comment

I went out to the Rock one day this year after rain on the prior day it sucked. Like racing on a sheet of wax paper.

Comment

He broke it on the 2nd pass. Sounded like it slipped when it shifted. No forward or reverse. He took it out the following week and couldn't get the converter off the input. Drove it down to TCI. They'll let him know what's wrong

Comment

Time for a turbo 400.

Comment

Working...
                            X