Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating oil, Nitrous and huge boost

D-50.jpg

Ya, it's a diesel, 212 ci 4 cylinder, runs 11.0's has gone as quick as 10.68 in the quarter, this pic is at New England Dragway.
    Equipped with all the major power adders, nitrous, supercharger and turbocharged, 4 spd auto and 9 inch rear with 2.75 to 1 gear
    Built in 1990, painted and lettered in 92. Lost track of the passes but it's a lot over the 22 or so years.
    D-50 Dodge Foto-shop done by a good friend as a joke but everyone really likes it, a lot!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffco; 12-02-2012, 12:05 AM.

Nice oil-burner! How much boost, how much spray & how much torque?

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Lot's O smoke there.

Comment

To answer your question

I run unregulated boost, it tops out at 65 psi. It is doubtful in the present configuration it would deliver more. I run a three stage nitrous system, I run 2 X .020 jets in the 1st stage, 4 X .060 jets in the main stage, and 2 X .080 jets in the hi speed stage. 2 pounds per pass. I aborted the dyno pulls because the exhaust temps were too high. The weight and performance indicate 525 to 550 horsepower. Torque estimate is 800 foot pounds, I pull the front tires a foot on launch with a 2800 lb vehicle with a 2.75 rear gear

Comment

How did I miss this? That's one cool machine!

Comment

Working...
          X